Battle Hawk, WELCOME to the ADDICTION! And this one IS NOT against the law! I first heard of "challenge coins" in the military. First heard of them associated with "Elete Units" as a mark of belonging. Don't know if it originated there or not. BUT the drink tradition is the same. If you got one and they don't, THEY owe you. If they HAVE theirs, (and you do to) THEY owe YOU. If they got theirs and you don't, you owe them. I have also heard it that you MUST buy a drink for ANYONE that has their coin and hears or sees the challenge if you loose the challange.

You're correct on the last one. I've seen many a GB buy a round at the Green Beret hangout I frequent (not being specops myself, I only get one if thier generous.) It's kind of a one time thing though, unless the challenger leaves for a long time and comes back much much later (deployment, coming back on leave, etc.) You cant just come to the bar and spam for free drinks with your coin, lol.

"Teaching is not showing others new things, but reminding them that they know as well as you."

JYD #118