I tried EDC-ing a Swamp Warden for a short time, but my (previous) boss told me that she received a report that I was carrying a weapon at work, so to leave it at home from now on.

I EDC a Kershaw G10/S30v Leek, and chose "I would NOT EDC a Bussekin Folder over a Bussekin fixed blade." because I don't believe that I would EDC a Bussekin folder over that Leek. Why, you might ask; because I need my EDC to be lightweight, not too big or too small, to have a thin, but reasonably strong blade (I don't pry with a folder, but it needs to hold up to normal use). I want it to deploy fast, have excellent edge-holding characteristics, and finally -- I want to be able to replace it for less than $100. I do not believe a Bussekin folder would meet all those requirements.

I've carried literally dozens of different folders, and nothing has worked better for me than the Leek model 1660G10. I've misplaced one (in my house of all places; I haven't seen it in a year, but still expect it to turn up eventually), which is the main reason for my < $100 requirement -- I own a few more expensive damascus folders with exotic handles, but get so paranoid about keeping track of them that I don't enjoy carrying them. I bought several of those leeks for around $75/each on closeout, so I have a ready supply of backups. I suspect that's what will be in my pocket when I die, because I just don't think I'll ever find anything that fits my needs better.

BTW: I own a Rat Trap; it's a nice knife -- nothing magical mind you, but nice. It's bigger than I want to carry, so it's put away and still in the packaging from Knob Creek. I had three at one time; I sold one (at cost) and traded another, but kept the last one for bragging rights. I don't have the extensive Rat Trap collections that some folks do, but I do have one of 'em.

JYD #60