Call it what you want. I call the 1311 a machete. And what a machete it is! I took it out back with the factory edge for some fun. Without a doubt, this is my favorite SYKCO knife of all. This bad boy can chop, slash, stick, hack, dig, split, and do anything you might want a real survival hard use machete to do.
The 1311 is a bit thicker than most machetes, at 3/16". But it is not unwieldy at all. Not too heavy, but heavy enough to do some serious chopping. Just for fun, I brought along my Bark River KSF machete for comparison.
[Linked Image from i173.photobucket.com]

These pesky Sweet gum trees have got to go. Time to let the big dog eat!
After chopping all the gum trees down, I threw the 1311 and stuck it first time. Not recommended, but I'm good with machetes and long bayonets. I can't stick a throwing knife for crap.
The big 1311 chops at least as well as my Bark River, and that's with the factory edge. It bites deep even in this very hard wood. It splits wood well with a baton, and even passed my palmetto leaf slashing test with the factory edge (the BWM needed some help).

[img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/rivershaman/SYKCO/1311024.jpg[/img]
I noticed that even after chopping into the dirt to get the roots, the edge was still sharp. That instantly dulls most machetes. I think the 1311 is my new ultimate machete! Time to get some kydex made for this workhorse. The 1311: My new yard knife.

Last edited by Horn Dog; 10/09/12 09:05 PM.

Horned, dangerous, and off my medication.