Okay. Here comes my quick review.

First off:
The Regulator is the thickest (.333" thick and .08" behind the edge ), most monstrosity of a mid-size blade I have ever had my hands on (the only blade that I've touched that is thicker is the MOAB, but we're talking about a different class of knife.) I've used it a lot around the house to chop pineapples in half, destroy furniture (the KDSH does that now) and just have fun chopping and poking. My regulator hardly cuts at this point (I'm going to get that fixed, but that edge is thick!!) I have brought it into the woods on three camping trips to try it out when I first got it. I soon realized that I could not rely on the Reg to be my main camp knife. It is not meant for that, in my opinion; it is meant for destruction, chopping, throwing and having a good 'ol time pushing it to its limits (some may disagree.)

On the last camping trip the Regulator took, I gave it to a buddy for him to use for the trip. We had a lot of fun using it to cut the saplings for the leanto, batoning wkth my B-11 because my friend couldn't get anywhere with the regulator and throwing it at trees ... A lot. I hope it doesn't seem like I'm bashing the Regulator because I love mine, but I consider myself a serious survivalist, or at least I have trained to be, and I would much rather bring a less mint stroud blade on my serious survival trips.

That leads me to the TGLB:
The TGLB is a jack of all trades. It is a very good combat/tactical knife it's light and agile, has very good handles a classic blade profile and more. It'd probably be good in a last resort hand-to-hand combat scenario, it's robust enough to be used as a foot-hold to cln over a wall, and it's slice your onions and flip your burgers. The edge is thin and sharp enough to accomplish a multitude of tasks one would encounter if they relied only on the TGLB. (note: the handle on the regulator is amazing and I would love to see it on a series of blades, including a khukri.

The TGLB is also a very good (not perfect) camp knife. It chops, batons, whittles, cuts, prepares food and is a good size and weight. (I'm going to finish writing this soon, but I have to take a break)
Mmnnn

I'll take some more pictures this evening, if you'd like. Just let me know what you'd like to see.

Last edited by Flux; 07/16/13 12:33 PM.

JYD #137