Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

<snip><snip>

Andy,

FYI and with due respect, you can't infer the location of a site from the whois info of the domainname or of the IP.

The whois only shows the location of the office of the company who has registered an object (IP, domainname, whatever)- which is not necessarily the location of the server that hosts the object.

In this case Scottsdale is the location of the office of the company that Scrapyard registered their domain with (i.e. the registrars).

The domain is different to and for this purpose independant of the IP.

To find out about the IP you need to identify the IP that www.scrapyard.com is mapped to eg use nslookup and then do a whois on the IP.
You can access nslookup from the dos prompt in windows or the comamnd line in OSX or linux/unix), dig (OSX/linux/unix) or similar to identify the relevant IP (there are also web gateways for nslookup this google for "nslookup gateway".

e.g.:
glock:~ jtan$ nslookup www.scrapyard.com
Note: nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead. Run nslookup with
the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.
Server: 10.0.1.1
Address: 10.0.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: www.scrapyard.com
Address: 208.56.237.98

glock:~ jtan$ whois 208.56.237.98

OrgName: Alabanza, Inc.
OrgID: ALAB
Address: 10 East Baltimore St., 10th floor
City: Baltimore
StateProv: MD
PostalCode: 21202

NetRange: 208.56.0.0 - 208.56.255.255
CIDR: 208.56.0.0/16
NetName: ALABANZA-BALT-3
NetHandle: NET-208-56-0-0-1
Parent: NET-208-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS.ALABANZA.COM
NameServer: NS2.ALABANZA.COM
Comment: ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE
RegDate: 1999-08-27
Updated: 2000-05-15
<snip>

This tells us the company (Alabanza) that "owns" the IP network that the Scrapyard site is hosted on appears have their offices (or at least a postal drop) in Baltimore.
However it is quite possible that some or all of their servers are elsewhere. It's even possible that yet anotheer company effectively "rents" the IP from Alabanza I(and who's servers maybe located soemwhere different again), but that's another story.

Some companies such as these guys: http://www.ip2location.com have databases that to map IPs to geographical locations using various means with various degrees of accuracy. They are generally pretty accurate but are not necesarily 100% accurate all the time.
Ip2location have a demo service where you can punch in an IP and see where they think it is physically located. In the case of 208.56.237.98 i.e the IP that www.scrapyard.com resolves to) ip2location thinks it is located in Las Vegas.

Sorry to be so pedantic Andy,but this stuff is my job.