Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Crinkle finish #10108 12/28/06 02:55 PM
Raker13 Offline OP
Pooch
OP Offline
Pooch
Don't get me wrong, I love the crinkle finish. But...I love the look of the beautiful grind on a satin blade even more. I can see offering the crinkle finish once in a while, but your knives are soooo nice in it's rich satin. I love my srapper 6 LE. I vote for more plain ole satin finish knives and would really like to see you people use dura coat finishes also. Enough with the crinkle finishes already. My two cents. Love your website. Note: I own a rat trap, M6, crash rat, scrapper 6 LE, and now awaiting your scrapper 4. No busses yet, not fast enough, someday a GW or SATIN jack.

Re: Crinkle finish [Re: Raker13] #10109 12/28/06 03:21 PM
Stealther Offline
Pooch
Pooch
I'm sure there will always be both a coated blade and a LE blade of whatever model comes out. From a production/business standpoint it makes sense. Make use of all your resources, waste nothing. If you get some steel with cosmetic imperfections while totally functional it would take more effort than profitable to make it into a LE. Easier to just coat it and be done. Think Intel, their production yields and how they release their products.

From a different angle, coated blades are easier to take care of and IMO make better users, especially in the field when you can't maintain them as easily. I agree with you though, satin is sweet!

Stealther a.k.a.GrumpyGumby