Re: What have you SOLD lately? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1035975 12/26/15 09:05 AM
Endeavour Morse Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Sold some more...

(4) LBT Plate Carriers
Aimpoint CompM4

I'm taking pictures of the rest of my spare field gear as soon as the rain stops and I get a little sunlight this weekend. Hopefully I'll get the rest sold soon!

This weekend I'm also going to re-upgrade my BF membership so I can stick 5-6 Busse on the Exchange.

It feels good to be reducing my extras!

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.

Re: What have you SOLD lately? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1035978 12/26/15 09:07 AM
SkunkHunter Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Congratulations Gary! Glad to see you're able to get rid of some of your extras.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: What have you SOLD lately? [Re: lazi] #1035979 12/26/15 09:08 AM
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Originally Posted by lazi
I didn't realize I had sold and traded as many as I had. But all of these where sold or traded so ibcoukd have a more well rounded collection.

S&W M&P40
EAA Windicator
Taurus PT738
Springfield M1A Scout
FNH Five Seven
Aresnal SlR-107
H&R Pardner 12 gauge

Out of all of them the Five Seven is the one I sort of wish I had kept. And this is because I had 400 rounds of ammo that I pretty much gave away. The ammo had gotten up to $30/50 and was becoming harder and harder to find locally . There wasn't really anything I "needed" it for so it went to a new home. But now I'm seeing ammo for $16/50 so it would've been a cool gun to still have around.

A co-worker has a Five Seven and is afraid to shoot it due to ammo price and availability. The SLR107 would have been the one I'd lament. I've had three of them - gold standard of the AK world. (I sold all of mine too).

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.

Re: What have you SOLD lately? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1035983 12/26/15 10:51 AM
lazi Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
You need to point that guy to the internet for 5.7x28 ammo. PSA has ammo for $14/50. The ammo was $30 with taxes and usually not even on the shelf. And this was months to maybe a year or so before Sandy Hook... If the ammo was priced like it is now I'd probably have kept it as a range toy. I really liked it but I like to at least intend to shoot my guns even if I don't.

A lot of things factored into me letting the 107 go. It didn't have a scope rail and I already had a 101 that I really liked. It and the M1A didn't equal up to a SCAR but they added up to a SCAR. I sold the M1A at a $400 loss and offered up the cash and 107 towards the SCAR. Hard to miss the 107 now...

I had originally planned to get another 107 with a scope rail at some point to replace the one I sold. But I read a discussion about Arsenals warranty and it was a bit disappointing. I've been leaning more towards a AR15 in x39 now.

JYD #82 yup...
Re: What have you SOLD lately? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1036014 12/27/15 11:02 AM
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
I've owned a disturbing number of various Arsenal AKs and M1As (many models and duplications). I have no love for the M1A (neat design but quality and execution issues galore). Arsenal AKs are generally good to go. The finish' top coat is garbage, but if you're not a "fit and finish" person...who cares.

Springfield's CS is outstanding - they get a lot of practice...

I never had to use Arsenal's.

At the end of the day, the AK is a 70 year old design created for illerate conscript soldiers with poor training. It does what it's suppose to do, and does it well. It does not, however, meet the standards (ergo, accuracy) established in the west.

The contemporary piston designs (coupled with B A S I C maintenance) have largely obseleted the AK. FN's SCAR is a marvel. Until people handle (light, ergo, comfortable) and shoot (accurate, low recoil, easy to manipulate) one they cannot appreciate how advanced the design truly is.

Last night I had all of my rifles out as I was changing optics around, and the SCAR was the rifle I kept picking back up.

Re: What have you SOLD lately? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1036015 12/27/15 11:05 AM
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
If the Illuminati North Korean Alien Zombies started Red Z Dawn in my hamlet today...you'd find us hunkered down with a pair of SCAR-16's. They call me Capt PopTart.

ETA: mine with a TA31 and hers with a CompM4.

Last edited by Architect; 12/27/15 11:22 AM.

Re: What have you SOLD lately? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1036016 12/27/15 11:12 AM
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Last fanboy comment...

I get VERY annoyed when people say "the SCAR 16 doesn't do anything better than a quality AR15".

First, those people read the military stopped buying the "Light" and don't understand it was a logositisal and financial decision.

Second, they are ignorant or stupid:

Folding stock, reciprocating CH with actual forward assist capabilities, true monolithic receiver design, adjustable gas system, short piston reliabilty, no annealing of the bolt from operation, lightweight compared to an equally equipped AR (might not be lighter than one of this hideous "Keymod" railed ARs), adjustable cheekweld, non-depot level barrel replacement, less small parts during field stripping, and Hammerforged barrels (available from some AR vendors but not universal).

Re: What have you SOLD lately? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1036017 12/27/15 11:24 AM
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
The SCAR's superiority is largely why I'm selling so many other guns. I'm keeping a few for range fun, but nothing beats the SCAR for "when you actually NEED a rifle".

I'll keep a few toys to make range trips more than just training, but my "collection" is rapidly contracting. It doesn't hurt to have fun at the range, but 2-3 toys will be enough.

ETA: I have someone picking up my ACR today or tomorrow.

Last edited by Architect; 12/27/15 11:26 AM.

Re: What have you SOLD lately? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1036022 12/27/15 02:55 PM
SkunkHunter Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Online Content
Junk Yard Dog
Last gun I sold was my Sig P220. Actually I swapped it in on the CX4 Storm carbine. Don't worry though, I still have 2 45s.

Last edited by SkunkHunter; 12/27/15 02:56 PM.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105
Re: What have you SOLD lately? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1036063 12/28/15 04:10 AM
greaser Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Originally Posted by Architect
Last fanboy comment...

I get VERY annoyed when people say "the SCAR 16 doesn't do anything better than a quality AR15".

First, those people read the military stopped buying the "Light" and don't understand it was a logositisal and financial decision.

Second, they are ignorant or stupid:

Folding stock, reciprocating CH with actual forward assist capabilities, true monolithic receiver design, adjustable gas system, short piston reliabilty, no annealing of the bolt from operation, lightweight compared to an equally equipped AR (might not be lighter than one of this hideous "Keymod" railed ARs), adjustable cheekweld, non-depot level barrel replacement, less small parts during field stripping, and Hammerforged barrels (available from some AR vendors but not universal).

Hey I like the skeletonized rails. LOL but I do agree the SCAR is a hell of a weapon system.

JYD#176
"dein Gott schickte mich zu zerstören"
"Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis"
"Sometimes the chance of a zombie outbreak is the only reason I need to make many of my life's Decisions." General Delivery
Re: What have you SOLD lately? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1036074 12/28/15 02:11 PM
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
I like the rail on my LWRC IC Enhanced. It isn't skeletonized, per se, but it doesn't have any picatinny sections on it. You add sections were you need them.

Re: What have you SOLD lately? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1036095 12/28/15 09:22 PM
gun dog Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Lol yeah I hate key mod but it's a love hate thing. I love my BCM KMR. But they are ugly and I hate you need tools to add and remove stuff.

Any day I'm above the grass and I'm not a zombie is a good day! JYD#138

Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18