header

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#1049214 - 05/23/17 09:42 PM I Need the Pack Please
SkunkHunter Online   happy
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: The Show me State
It all started last night. Patty and I went over to see my Dad. He didn't look well and sounded even worse. Couldn't get him to go to the hospital but he did agree to go to a health clinic in town today.

Fast forward. Got a call from the clinic. Said Dan needed to go to the hospital. Told them he wouldn't go for us but might if they said he should. They "Recommended" he go and he said yes.

Fast forward again. ER said light heart attack in the last 2-3 days and pneumonia. Blood pressure very low and Oxygen level would not come up above 86%. Cardiologist said (after about 4 hours of different tests) heart only pumping at 15 percent TOTAL!
Don't know if cause is infection, virus(?) or old age (88) or just worn out. HOPEFULLY will know more tomorrow.

IF infection or etc, they can do something. If just worn out, nothing they can do. Not sure exactly what that means, or rather how long, but we are praying and have hopes it is just something medication can fix and he can last for a few more years at least. BUT he has made the statement to us in the past that he is tired and is ready. Well he might be, but we're not!

Have you ever seen some just give up? It isn't easy to witness specially when it is someone you love. Oh and did I mention that Dad has NEVER had to go to the hospital for anything before and now he is laying in the ICU and possibly might not get out.
Thanks everyone.

Edited by SkunkHunter (05/23/17 09:48 PM)
is (almost) always in. smile wink JYD#105

#1049215 - 05/23/17 11:36 PM Re: I Need the Pack Please [Re: SkunkHunter]
Happy Birthday coyotebc Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: British Columbia
You and your family are in my thoughts Randy
The stripes of a tiger don't wash away. Be a man of steel not clay JYD #102

#1049216 - 05/24/17 12:04 AM Re: I Need the Pack Please [Re: SkunkHunter]
Junk Yard Dog

Thank you Bill. I also hope and pray that Pauline is doing well.

#1049217 - 05/24/17 12:47 AM Re: I Need the Pack Please [Re: SkunkHunter]
Private Klink Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: S.W. Missouri
We're pulling for you and your family Randy.
Junk Yard Dog #1
Moderator/Leader of the Pack
Good night Mrs. B, wherever you are!
Long Live the Brotherhood of the Yard!

#1049218 - 05/24/17 02:07 AM Re: I Need the Pack Please [Re: SkunkHunter]
Andy the Aussie Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Sydney Australia
Thinking of you and your family mate !!

#1049222 - 05/24/17 08:22 AM Re: I Need the Pack Please [Re: SkunkHunter]
Junk Yard Dog

Thank you guys. It means a lot to Patty and I. Y'all are a pack of good Dawgs.

#1049225 - 05/24/17 09:19 AM Re: I Need the Pack Please [Re: SkunkHunter]
Ray Settanta Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: New England, USA
Prayers sent. I hope you and Patty are doing well.
JYD #182

#1049231 - 05/24/17 02:19 PM Re: I Need the Pack Please [Re: SkunkHunter]
Dumpster Dan Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: SkunkHunter
It all started last night. Patty and I went over to see my Dad. He didn't look well and sounded even worse. Couldn't get him to go to the hospital but he did agree to go to a health clinic in town today.

Fast forward. Got a call from the clinic. Said Dan needed to go to the hospital. Told them he wouldn't go for us but might if they said he should. They "Recommended" he go and he said yes.

Fast forward again. ER said light heart attack in the last 2-3 days and pneumonia. Blood pressure very low and Oxygen level would not come up above 86%. Cardiologist said (after about 4 hours of different tests) heart only pumping at 15 percent TOTAL!
Don't know if cause is infection, virus(?) or old age (88) or just worn out. HOPEFULLY will know more tomorrow.

IF infection or etc, they can do something. If just worn out, nothing they can do. Not sure exactly what that means, or rather how long, but we are praying and have hopes it is just something medication can fix and he can last for a few more years at least. BUT he has made the statement to us in the past that he is tired and is ready. Well he might be, but we're not!

Have you ever seen some just give up? It isn't easy to witness specially when it is someone you love. Oh and did I mention that Dad has NEVER had to go to the hospital for anything before and now he is laying in the ICU and possibly might not get out.
Thanks everyone.

It is very tough to handle but you are tougher smile

My wife's father believed you only went to the hospital to die. When he didn't on the first visit he was a little easier to live with LOL. They call them the greatest generation I believe that but my experience says they are the most stubborn gen smile

Hang in there and I will keep you and him in my prayers and thoughts

Dan

#1049235 - 05/24/17 07:20 PM Re: I Need the Pack Please [Re: SkunkHunter]
Junk Yard Dog

Thanks Ray. Thank You Dan. All these well wishes and prayers mean a lot to us.

#1049236 - 05/24/17 07:29 PM Re: I Need the Pack Please [Re: SkunkHunter]
Junk Yard Dog

OK an update on the Skunk Dad.

Was told today he tested positive for MRSA. We gotta wear masks now and gloves if we touch him or any part of his bed.

His Aortic valve is smaller than what is normal. They say he has Aortic Valve Stenosis. Say AT BEST he MIGHT have 5 years if EVERYTHING goes perfectly from here on out.

They want his BP to be NOT MORE than 100 on the top number and would like it to be in the 70-80 range (I think they said) on the bottom due to his heart not being able to handle all the strain of a normal BP. And they want his HR to be in the 60-70 range but it doesn't want to go below the 90's so far.

They have finally got his oxygen level up to a consistent 90-94 WHICH THEY ARE VERY HAPPY WITH. BUT he is on 60 percent pure Oxygen and a normal Oxygen tube does not blow enough in to him so he is having to wear an Oxygen tube that is about an inch thick going down to a half inch Inside Diameter.

He is BY FAR not out of the woods yet but at least for today he is doing better than he was yesterday. He has a positive attitude and that means a lot.

Again, thank you EVERYONE for all your well wishes and prayers.

Edited by SkunkHunter (05/24/17 07:30 PM)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >