header

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#1053122 - 03/25/18 12:23 PM Re: Scrapyard out of business? [Re: barrabas74]
rth548 Online   happy
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Western NC
I've thinned the herd out myself. It's just not any fun when there's no new blades coming out, so I've pretty much lost intrest in it. I've got a few that I'll keep regardless, but the rest I could get rid of and not think twice about.

Resident Redneck
JYD #117

#1053123 - 03/25/18 04:48 PM Re: Scrapyard out of business? [Re: rth548]
Happy Birthday Private Klink Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: S.W. Missouri
I'm seriously thinking about thinning out my collection as well. smirk
Junk Yard Dog #1
Moderator/Leader of the Pack
Good night Mrs. B, wherever you are!
Long Live the Brotherhood of the Yard!

#1053126 - 03/26/18 12:12 AM Re: Scrapyard out of business? [Re: barrabas74]
Andy the Aussie Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Sydney Australia
Dear God...here we go again... SYKCO is not at all a stand alone company, it is brand that is sold out from under the Busse umbrella. Just now the Busse brand and model is where that company is at and doing well (very well) I would suggest. SYKCO could not sell another knife and keep on existing just as it is, the only overhead it has is probably this FREE to us forum. Of course the DS probably does not count as a release either...

For grown ups we sure seem to need a lot of comforting.

#1053127 - 03/26/18 01:32 AM Re: Scrapyard out of business? [Re: Andy the Aussie]
Junk Yard Dog

Many of us have a LOT of Bussekin knives Andy, and we know that SYKCO is just an offshoot. What IS a concern is the lack of communication from Dan Busse. Initially he was a big part of the forum and really wanted it to take off, which it did.
But he has since seemed to lose interest in it, and with that many of our folks lost interest as well. Compare his posting to Jerry's at Bladeforums, and Busse Combat is quite busy but Jerry still posts occasionally.
While we are all "fans" and customers of the Busse companies, it would still be helpful to hear from Dan occasionally. And none of us would die if the forum disappeared, but we would certainly be disappointed. Many folks over at the Swamp feel the same, as you should well know. wink
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1053128 - 03/26/18 02:47 AM Re: Scrapyard out of business? [Re: barrabas74]
Andy the Aussie Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Sydney Australia
Yes I own a couple as well Tom. I guess I struggle with the need for attention or affirmation here. My view is that my dept to Busse (of all walks) is satisfied when I pay for my knives and theirs when they deliver (and along with that goes warranty) all the rest is a bonus that has somehow morphed into some kind of entitlement. I just don't get it. The vast majority of complaints about Busse was availability and Jerry has gone a long way to addressing that with OP2W, hand in glove with that appears to be a hell of an increased workload. Dan I suspect is hard at work doing his part to keep those wheels turning, I am all good with that ! Knives are being delivered everyday it seems so it is working. No Busse are not doing tables at Blade, they are still attending and putting on a free show for the Busse crowd that is in attendance, probably not too many companies that do so.

#1053129 - 03/26/18 08:54 AM Re: Scrapyard out of business? [Re: Andy the Aussie]
Junk Yard Dog

Jerry has worked hard at generating a following and it has worked; I have been buying Bussekin blades since 2002 myself. There are several Hogs who have done so even longer, and it has been Jerry's interaction with customers that has helped keep it going. He KNOWS how to market his products!
Dan built a following with ScrapYard much the same way; interacting with the customers. But his lack of communication has caused one Moderator (HornDog) to lose interest as well as many other customers/followers. Nobody expects the Yard to pump out knives like Busse Combat as it is indeed an offshoot company using the same equipment, etc. But the leader of the company...Dan... has seemingly abandoned his following. I'm sure you realize that communication with customers is vital in business. Kudos to Jerry for having the Saturday festivities at Blade minus the booth; once again Jerry knows how to market his products and keep a following. smile
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1053139 - 03/26/18 08:21 PM Re: Scrapyard out of business? [Re: barrabas74]
Sethrotull Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Oregon
I check this forum daily even if I don't post much anymore. Dan did know how to whip us up into a frenzy. And alot of that kept me coming back. I've bought the SYKCO blades offered through the Busse site but it's not the same. Of course I've been buying more Busse blades too which I usually passed on before. I go through cycles where I buy a ton and then scale back to those I really use or like. Most of those turn out to be SY.

I'm sure Dan is doing well and staying busy but the model seems to have changed for a bit. I do miss the Brotherhood but will always come back this way.

Edited by Sethrotull (03/26/18 08:22 PM)
JYD #100
Dog, Hog, Rat it's all Bussekin

#1053140 - 03/27/18 02:45 AM Re: Scrapyard out of business? [Re: Sethrotull]
Junk Yard Dog

The Brotherhood is what it's all about. wink
Junk Yard Dog #1

#1053143 - 03/27/18 10:47 AM Re: Scrapyard out of business? [Re: barrabas74]
Ray Settanta Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: New England, USA
Exactly, Tom. I enjoy talking to you guys, even Randy, whether or not any new blades are released.
JYD #182

#1053146 - 03/27/18 04:31 PM Re: Scrapyard out of business? [Re: Ray Settanta]
Junk Yard Dog

I know what you mean Ray! laugh laugh
Junk Yard Dog #1

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 >