Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
5.11 tactical #201504 01/22/08 02:39 PM
Wiggitty Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Does anyone have any of the 5.11 pants? how do you like them. I see they are having a sale on khaki and OD pants on their site.

Alcohol Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a Government Agency. JYD.45
Re: 5.11 tactical [Re: Wiggitty] #201505 01/22/08 05:40 PM
jackell Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Wiggitty. I had a couple of pair for a while. I didn't replace them when I wore them out. I was never happy with the back pockets and I'm fairly short 5'7". The taller you are the better they fit. In 5.11 defense everyone I know who has them thinks they are great. I seem to be the odd man out. I just ordered (haven't come in yet) a pair of the TDU's. I'm going to see if I like them any better. Before you order them off of 5.11 website you might give LA Police Gear a try. They usually have the 5.11 gear at the same price or better than the 5.11 site. LA Police Gear also has free shipping if you order two clothing items, a free 5.11 hat and free return shipping if you don't like the item.

Re: 5.11 tactical [Re: jackell] #201506 01/22/08 10:15 PM
Prince of Peace Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
I have 7 pair in black. All are about a year old,thining from daily wear at work.
They are worth the price I paid on E-Bay..I believe it was around ten bucks a pair. Pockets are deep front and rear. Velcro closures in back. Kind of awkward grabbing your wallet,but I am used to it.
Nice 5 inch folder pocket in the front right leg. Great for my multi carry self.
Do it Mr. Bond, if the price is right. I only wear 511's during the week.

Peace.

Some people just never learn.

JYD #44
Re: 5.11 tactical [Re: Prince of Peace] #201507 01/23/08 10:48 PM
northern1 Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
i like the large back pockets and all my canvas pairs have them but my nylon pairs have a regular pocket.the nylon last longer,dont fade and are more comfortable imo

here is a little 5.11 story i like to tell and i swear that it is all true although like i always say,that if it didnt happen to me i wouldnt believe it.

here it is:....i was getting in the shower.took off my clothes and i was wearing 5.11 pants because i always am.i didnt know that when i threw my clothes on the floor that i had thrown them in a puddle of bleach that had spilled.they might have layed in the bleach for 15sec.

everything in that pile got ruined immediately with bright white bleach spots as e all know.the water in the tub was running and i grabbed my dark brown........
...[5.11 calls it bogo brown]....5.11 pants and ran them under water in desperation except i didnt know which part to rinse because i couldnt find any white bleach marks.

what i found where wet spots and i smelled them and ssure enough it was bleach but it hadnt done its damage yet.to be fair,i still rinsed them under water and their is the lightest,tiniest little mark that you have to strain your eyes to see.

every other piece of clothing was ruined instantly but my 5.11's went unscathed and yes,i am sure that their was bleach on them to begin with.i have 2 identical pair of these and i wear them to work every night.i wear them every time i enter the woods and their are still exceptable to wear around town when i have to without a doubt.

jackell is right about l.a. police gear.i have done a lot of business with them and they have the biggest and most affordable 5.11 selection.their are also a lot of "KNOCK-OFF" versions out their but i wouldnt recomend it.

good luck

Northern-1...aka Bad2TheBone...aka NorthernMarsh 1st member of Scrapyard hatchet/hawk club
Re: 5.11 tactical [Re: northern1] #201508 01/25/08 03:40 PM
SSCamaro99_3 Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
I have a couple of shirts, and really like them.

JYD #43
Re: 5.11 tactical [Re: Wiggitty] #201509 01/27/08 05:54 PM
Willieboy Offline
Scrapper
Scrapper
I was just talking with Roo about these pants. I've never had any 511's but Roo says that LAPolice Gear is selling no label cargo pants made in the same factory as 511s for $13.

I have been buying my cargo pants from Brigade Quartermasters. I like their "Combat Cloth" products.

Mr. Bill Old guys just know stuff! and, Old guys just have old stuff!
Re: 5.11 tactical [Re: Willieboy] #201510 02/01/08 01:45 PM
rooikat Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
I like the 5.11's a lot. I can get away with wearing them to work, as our dresscode simply states 'black pants', not dress pants. I find them very durable, very comfortable.
I have them in black, coyote, tan, and bizarro 5.11 desert camo that I got for 7 bucks.
LA tactical has the brown ones for around 10 bucks, last I checked. Every size but mine, of course.

I also have tried the Woolrich line of tactical pants. Lighter material. No problems, but I did rip a pocket somehow, maybe a week into them. Never ripped my 5.11's, to date.

I also wear the 5.11 academy sorts just about exclusively, and I still have the old style billy goat shorts kicking around.
If any of you guys remember Magnum PI, he wore billy goat shorts quite often.