header

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#1034793 - 11/13/15 01:32 AM Re: My PSK & Get-Home-Bag (Lots of Pics) [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
SkunkHunter Online   happy
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: The Show me State
I've been thinking about my earlier statement reference the 511 push pack being a good PSK. It WOULD, but IF is is in addition to, to augment a GHB or BOB, then it wouldn't be all that good as it would be quite difficult to carry with a pack of some kind. SO Like Arch has described several times, a BELT ORDER would be the best way to go. It WOULD be wearable while you have on a pack and you could shed the pack without getting rid of the PSK. NOw to just find a pouch I like the size of and "Get 'er Done"!
Countin the days till Retirement! wink JYD#105

#1034912 - 11/15/15 06:07 PM Re: My PSK & Get-Home-Bag (Lots of Pics) [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
greaser Online   happy
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: USSA
I am thinking of picking this one up for a little grey man action. Their firehose material is super durable and they seem to have great quality control.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/product/tradesmans-tactical-pack-72703.aspx?processor=content
JYD#176
"dein Gott schickte mich zu zerstören"
"Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis"
"Sometimes the chance of a zombie outbreak is the only reason I need to make many of my life's Decisions." General Delivery

#1035193 - 11/25/15 10:55 AM Re: My PSK & Get-Home-Bag (Lots of Pics) [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Lord Mortdecai Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Silverdale Manor
greaser,
Did you end up getting anything from Duluth? I've always been impressed with their catalog's and marketing, but haven't actually bought anything from them.
JYD #123 formerly known as ARCHITECT.

I am Lord Charlie Mortdecai. And this is a little bit of magic is my mustache...

#1035267 - 11/28/15 12:50 AM Re: My PSK & Get-Home-Bag (Lots of Pics) [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
greaser Online   happy
Junk Yard Dog

I have a few pairs of the fire hose pants and an insulated shirt from them as well and they are holding up much better than my carhart stuff. I would say go for it.
JYD#176
"Sometimes the chance of a zombie outbreak is the only reason I need to make many of my life's Decisions." General Delivery

#1037014 - 01/20/16 12:40 AM Re: My PSK & Get-Home-Bag (Lots of Pics) [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
GeneralDelivery Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: South Dakota
We recently got a Duluth Trading Co. store in the city I live in. I have purchased a few things to use as work cloths. So far so good. I love their Alaskan Hard Gear Pants.
JYD #189

"Courage is the virtue which champions the cause of right." -Cicero

#1037043 - 01/20/16 11:37 PM Re: My PSK & Get-Home-Bag (Lots of Pics) [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
greaser Online   happy
Junk Yard Dog

I have the alaskan wet weather jacket, it holds up great to 70 mph on the bike. I also have a few of the firehose pants they are fantastic, they hold up great and are comfortable.
JYD#176

#1037052 - 01/21/16 02:40 AM Re: My PSK & Get-Home-Bag (Lots of Pics) [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Mastiff Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: South Carolina Y'all
Got three pairs of the Duluth Trading Company firehose pants, great for the colder months but heavy and too warm for the summer. How tough are they? My sons cat jump on my leg while I was wearing them and the claws failed to penetrate to the skin. I've had them for 4-5 years and they show next to no wear and tear. I also sewed buttons on the pants and wear them with their suspenders/bracers, very comfortable that way.

Their "butt-naked" line of underwear is also outstanding as well as their 100% wool longjohns, when they have them in stock.

They have a shirt that they advertise as "hanger bending shirts" that are more of a jacket than a shirt.

Overall, I've been very happy with everything I've received from them.

#1037054 - 01/21/16 02:42 AM Re: My PSK & Get-Home-Bag (Lots of Pics) [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Mastiff, what's a good source for wool pants (remember I'm cheap) wink

#1037055 - 01/21/16 02:49 AM Re: My PSK & Get-Home-Bag (Lots of Pics) [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Mastiff Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: South Carolina Y'all
I think a good Army Surplus store is your best bet for inexpensive wool pants. They may be from a few years ago, not made in the US, and they are getting harder to find, but there are still good bargains if you can find your size. You can increase your chance of success if you are willing to buy a bit big and have them tailored too. It will add to the cost but a good tailor can fit them exactly the way you want them to fit.

Edited by Mastiff (01/21/16 02:50 AM)

#1037056 - 01/21/16 02:55 AM Re: My PSK & Get-Home-Bag (Lots of Pics) [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Junk Yard Dog

Thanks. Never thought of that. There is a surplus store about 60 miles from here I might have to check out when I get a chance. I wear 40X30 so maybe they'll have something. (yeah I know, I'm workin on it. I WAS a 42-44 a few months ago. smile

Edited by SkunkHunter (01/21/16 02:57 AM)

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >