header

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#636620 - 06/06/12 12:20 AM Re: Streamlight TLR-1 or TLR-2??? [Re: gun dog]
Ishikawa Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Austin, Texas
Love my TLR-1 on my Glock 19.

I prefer the light to the laser. I agree with MB as well. The light in a HD situation is more disorienting to the perpetrator, which is part of the value I see in it.
JYD #121
The chief cause of unhappiness and failure is trading what you want most in life for what you want at the moment.

#636621 - 06/06/12 12:21 AM Re: Streamlight TLR-1 or TLR-2??? [Re: Ishikawa]
gun dog Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Southern Ohio
Thanks for the input. I see the tlr-1s are priced about $120
Any day I'm above the grass and I'm not a zombie is a good day! JYD#138

#636622 - 06/06/12 02:17 AM Re: Streamlight TLR-1 or TLR-2??? [Re: gun dog]
gun dog Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Southern Ohio
I can use the money I will save for a dog father.
Any day I'm above the grass and I'm not a zombie is a good day! JYD#138

#1051088 - 09/14/17 03:17 AM Re: Streamlight TLR-1 or TLR-2??? [Re: gun dog]
SkunkHunter Online   happy
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: The Show me State
Resurrecting an old thread here, but one that is still if not more valid.

I have had a TLR1-HP for quite some time now and really like it. It really "Lights up the Night" in our little 1200sqft house. AND it works just as well lighting up the grounds on our whole lot (100ft wide by 150ft deep), plus it will also light up across our neighbors lot (75 ft wide), so I personally feel that for MOST folks it will work quite well. I have even shined it on another neighbors house 300 ft away and it will let you know if there is something the size of a large dog or bigger lurking around.

That being said I just got a TLR-3. Not as powerful as the TLR-1 but again, for our house PLENTY of light. I DO wish it had a strobe function but it isn't really necessary. All in all with just Messing around with in in the house I like it. AND I feel it may work just as well across the width of the lot as well. I will have to test it out one of these nights and see how it does outside in a city/sorta kinda urban environment.
Countin the days till Retirement! wink JYD#105

#1051089 - 09/14/17 03:29 AM Re: Streamlight TLR-1 or TLR-2??? [Re: gun dog]
Junk Yard Dog

I was checking out specs on weapons lights tonight and just for grins and giggles checked out the Streamlight Game Getter GREEN light.

I can't help but wonder how this would fare as a weapon HD light. No, it won't really blind the bad guy like a white light would, but it SHOULD blind them somewhat. PLUS it won't mess up YOUR sight near as much as a regular white light.

MB, you might be able to answer this. What say you dogs, Would it work or be a bust?

#1051110 - 09/16/17 12:21 PM Re: Streamlight TLR-1 or TLR-2??? [Re: gun dog]
Lord Mortdecai Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Silverdale Manor
Regarding the OP ... I've been using the TLR-1 light since it first hit the market. In fact, my early units had the first generation LEDs. Streamlight upgraded those for free.

Randy, I only want white light for my weapon lights.

I do use the red on my Sidewinder for personal navigation.
JYD #123 formerly known as ARCHITECT.

I am Lord Charlie Mortdecai. And this is a little bit of magic is my mustache...

#1051114 - 09/17/17 01:35 AM Re: Streamlight TLR-1 or TLR-2??? [Re: gun dog]
Junk Yard Dog

I wouldn't want to use the green as a weapon mounted light either Gary, just wondering how it would work. And Yeah I use my sidewinder light quite a bit as well. Makes for a GREAT getting around the house in the night light! Never fails thought, when I NEED it (in the vehicle) I have forgotten to take it with me from the house. I probably just need to get another one and be done with it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2