Scrap Yard Discussion Forums

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What's for Dinner at DT's Smoke House [Re: SkunkHunter] #736227 10/22/12 04:23 PM
greaser Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
greaser, isn't the work sharp only about the size of a large hand drill?

yep but you havent seen my shop or lack there of lol but i was mistakenly thinking of the larger belt sharpener whos name eludes me.

JYD#176
"dein Gott schickte mich zu zerstören"
"Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis"
"Sometimes the chance of a zombie outbreak is the only reason I need to make many of my life's Decisions." General Delivery
Re: What's for Dinner at DT's Smoke House [Re: greaser] #736228 10/22/12 11:28 PM
sf45acp Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
I used the Rodent Solution to cut up some venison for freezing. It was like slicing through butter. The big test will be when I get my next deer and I hope that is in the AM tomorrow. After processing the meet and prepping it for the freezer, I tried a little shaving on the arms and so far, still shaving sharp. I will keep this post running over the next few weeks as I track the sharpness of the Rodent Solution now that it has been re-profiled. I will also be tracking my War Dog. This should be a very interesting test as to the number of deer both blades can handle before I need to touch them up. I would love to hear from others if they have either knife and how many deer or any type of wild game they have processed before needing to sharpen.

History, in general, only informs us of what bad government is. (Thomas Jefferson)
Re: What's for Dinner at DT's Smoke House [Re: sf45acp] #736229 10/23/12 01:36 AM
DogTired Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Work sharp is a really small device. I am in love with it now.

JYD #126
Super JYD #13

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"A free people ought to be armed."

- George Washington
Re: What's for Dinner at DT's Smoke House [Re: DogTired] #736230 10/23/12 02:18 AM
DogTired Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
After I get an AR and come into more cash, I'll probably get another RS...it's one I already miss.

JYD #126
Super JYD #13

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"A free people ought to be armed."

- George Washington
Page 2 of 2 1 2