Scrap Yard Discussion Forums

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Time for firefly - Attention Gravelface [Re: Gravelface] #9374 12/15/06 02:34 PM
rooikat Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog

We are major buffy and angel fans; firefly has moved right up there in our house. I never watched it during the original run, which is my loss. When you watch the shows on t.v., commercials and all, it does add something.
I get everything I can about the series. I just finished the graphic novel that Josh wrote to cover what happened between the series and the movie.
Our other current favorite shows are Battlestar and Dr. Who. my wife disliked all doctors before the newesr two. Now, she likes the show as much as I do.
Battlestar just rocks. War, great character development, beautiful women, war, cool ships, war. Oh, and the liberal use of current technology to keep it a bit more realistic.

Re: Time for firefly - Attention Gravelface [Re: rooikat] #9375 12/15/06 02:35 PM
rooikat Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Alan from Firefly was recently starring on the stage in Monty Python's Spamalot. I have not had a chance to see it, as of yet.

Re: Time for firefly - Attention Gravelface [Re: rooikat] #9376 12/15/06 05:07 PM
Gravelface Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog

I never watched it during the original run, which is my loss. When you watch the shows on t.v., commercials and all, it does add something.

Battlestar just rocks. War, great character development, beautiful women, war, cool ships, war. Oh, and the liberal use of current technology to keep it a bit more realistic.

You didn't want to catch it on tv originally...Fox screwed that show! They played them out of sequence and didn't even play all the episodes!! And they would play them at some really late hour when noone was awake to see them.

Battlestar is great, I am hoping to get the series for Christmas....hopefully, I do have a large knife order so I may have to wait for Battlestar.

EMail if you have a spare 460!!!! JYD# 2
Re: Time for firefly - Attention Gravelface [Re: Gravelface] #9377 12/15/06 06:59 PM
Jerrwhy Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
I love battlestar. I loved the original series. The only reason that was cancelled was because it cost to much to produce. However, the new series kicks its butt. I've got both season 1 and 2 on DVD. Hopefully for x-mas I'll pick up Dr. Who season 1.

My wife knows that every Friday my butt is planted in front of the tube for scifi fridays on the SciFi channel. It's me, my ridicously hyper Lab puppy, the remote, and popcorn.

Peace
Jerry

Klaatu... verada... necktie The 16th Dog!
Re: Time for firefly - Attention Gravelface [Re: Jerrwhy] #9378 12/15/06 07:40 PM
Leatherface Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Jerr,
I had never heard that before about Battlestar G...I was sorta young when it came out...is it on DVD??

Who here digs Dr Who?

Dave Owner/Thrall Azrael's Custom Leather
Re: Time for firefly - Attention Gravelface [Re: Leatherface] #9379 12/15/06 07:47 PM
Jerrwhy Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Leather Face,

You can get the original series on DVD. They have it at Amazon.com for about 70.00 dollars for all the episodes. When the series was cancelled it was 2nd or 3rd in the ratings. The actor who played the original Apollo went on to produce a second series where the fleet found Earth. However, the 2nd second season wasn't as popular and was subsequently cancelled.

I like the new Dr. Who series better than the original. I'm not sure when Dr. I like better, the guy on season 1 or the new doctor.

Re: Time for firefly - Attention Gravelface [Re: Jerrwhy] #9380 12/15/06 11:15 PM
rooikat Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Saturday nite is our battlestar/who nite here, too. It's starting now, actually. Thank God for tivo.
I liked Tom Baker a lot as Dr. Who. The two most recent doctors have been exceedingly good, as well.
I have the first two seasons of batlestar on DVD. I have watched the first season maybe 3 times thru at this point.
Eventually, when the cash falls out of the sky, i plan on buying Dr. Who, as well. Unfortunately, knives keep on robbing my bank account.
I understand that tonight,s battlestar is the end of the season, again. That sucks. Didn"t it just come back on? Dr. Who also has very short seasons.
I was happy to see the cybermen return.

Re: Time for firefly - Attention Gravelface [Re: rooikat] #9381 12/15/06 11:18 PM
rooikat Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Jerry,
Never mind the popcorn, I am curently grilling up a ribeye.
Nothing goes better with a nite of TV then a medium rare ribeye and an ice-cold rootbeer.
As long as my puppies don't get either one. They are persistent.

Re: Time for firefly - Attention Gravelface [Re: rooikat] #9382 12/17/06 06:43 PM
Jerrwhy Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Jerry,
Never mind the popcorn, I am curently grilling up a ribeye.
Nothing goes better with a nite of TV then a medium rare ribeye and an ice-cold rootbeer.

I gotta disagree with that one. Popcorn is my personal Heroin. If Morton Downey Jr can have his heroin and still have a successful career (if you can call it that) then damnit I can have my popcorn. My wife gets so mad at me cause I buy popcorn in bulk.

I'd like to add that I'm also an A-1 sauce fiend. Hmmmm a little popcorn, a little A-1. I might just have something there.

Peace
Jerry

Re: Time for firefly - Attention Gravelface [Re: Jerrwhy] #9383 12/18/06 01:09 AM
rooikat Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
The wife and I are about to watch friday's Dr. Who again. In honor of you, Jerry, I will have a large bowl of popcorn on the couch next to me.
Aready had the ribeye, while watching Mission Impossible 3.

Page 2 of 2 1 2