header

Page 120 of 120 < 1 2 ... 118 119 120
Topic Options
#1051960 - 11/18/17 06:53 AM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
DogTired Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Looking through your stuff
I just got the parts to finish a few builds. After selling my 458 SOCOM, I got to missing out and started picking up parts to build another. Found an Aero 458 SOCOM upper (marked as such and has the enlarged port). To that, I added a Satern barrel I found on sale on Gunbroker. Picked up a Toolcraft BCG for $90 recently, along with a Spikes tungsten heavy buffer and JB enhanced power, polished spring to try and tame the recoil, and did what I feel is the unthinkable and spent $90 on a muzzle device. I generally refuse to spend more than $50, but there aren't many choices for 458 SOCOM devices…that, and out was a brake with a Ferfranz-type shield around it to direct the blast forward. Finished with a UTG Pro 15" keymod handguard and Vortex Diamondback HD 2-8x32mm scope I had laying around. I need to time the brake and go sight it in…someday, hopefully soon. I had a stripped Aero lower with parts kit and RRA National Match trigger, and ordered an ATP stock with a large honeycomb recoil pad and matching handguard. Everything was found on sale, a piece at a time, using parts I specifically wanted (or, in the case of the trigger, had lying around). Always a nice sense of accomplishment building a gun from the ground up. Only thing I didn't assemble was the forward assist since it came with the upper. I feel like I know ARs backwards and forwards at this point. Bless Eugene Stoner and his amazing contraption!

Also bought a Millett TRS-1 scope in ATAC along with an Aero lightweight FDE scope mount to put atop the 6mm Mongoose build I did in FDE. I can FINALLY call that one finished!

Working next on a 6.8 SPC build around an FDE Aero "Spirit of 76" upper/lower and keymod handguard set sitting in my parts box. A friend volunteered to have the engraving color filled for me. I have a YHM 16" midlength diamond fluted, phosphate coated, chrome-lined barrel that's on its way from Primary Arms, which has them on sale for $99. Seems like a great round--300 yard deer rifle in a 16" barrel grin We'll see how long it'll take to finish...

Clearly, I've been away a while grin
JYD #126
Super JYD #13

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"A free people ought to be armed."

- George Washington

#1051962 - 11/18/17 10:24 AM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: DogTired]
RN Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: CT
Originally Posted By: DogTired
Nice RN! I eventually had to move to a crossbow with shoulder issues. I had tried going from compound to recurve and was comfortable taking it out hunting when my shoulder quit. The crossbow flings bolts far harder than either. Shot a doe a few weeks back; the broadhead went THROUGH the shoulder blade, through the lungs, and then shattered the leg bone on the other side, passing completely through. It was more like hitting her with a 30-30 than archery tackle.

Any how. You'll have fun with that set up. Hoyt makes a GREAT compound bow! Congrats on the new addition!

Wowza, didn't know crossbows had that much zing! I'm amazed by the power difference with the compound as it is.
JYD #109
"I came here for the knives and stayed for the people."

#1051964 - 11/18/17 12:05 PM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
DogTired Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: Looking through your stuff
Amazing what a few pulleys and cams can do! grin
JYD #126
Super JYD #13

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"A free people ought to be armed."

- George Washington

#1051965 - 11/18/17 12:11 PM Re: What have you BOUGHT lately? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
lazi Offline
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: father of waters
Ordered some 15 watt solar chargers. Planning to give a couple to my sisters as holiday gifts. Both my sisters are gadget people who will likely use them and find them handy. I will be using mine with a couple solar battery packs I recently picked up. I'm hoping this leads to some bigger solar power projects.
JYD #82 yup...

Page 120 of 120 < 1 2 ... 118 119 120