header

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1052199 - Yesterday at 02:24 PM Re: One Gun ... which would you take? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
Private Klink Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: S.W. Missouri
My Remington 870 shotgun for first scenario, and my S&W M&P 15 for a teotwawki situation.

The 12 gauge would handle anything from squirrels to grizzly bears, and the AR15 type rifles would provide lightweight yet adequate protection with lots of lightweight ammo.
Junk Yard Dog #1
Moderator/Leader of the Pack
Good night Mrs. B, wherever you are!
Long Live the Brotherhood of the Yard!

#1052204 - Yesterday at 05:35 PM Re: One Gun ... which would you take? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
SkunkHunter Online   happy
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: The Show me State
I WANTED to say one of my Shotty's, probably the 12ga PA459 TR for the ability to "pick up" extra ammo easier than 20ga. BUT The ammo would weigh a lot, could carry much more 22 ammo, so that is the way I went, but as I said I would prefer a shotty.
JYD#105

#1052207 - Today at 03:19 AM Re: One Gun ... which would you take? [Re: SkunkHunter]
Private Klink Online   content
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: S.W. Missouri
The OP stated during times of relative security and prosperity which is why I said the shotgun. Theoretically you wouldn't need to carry a lot of shotgun shells such as in a teotwawki situation. wink
Junk Yard Dog #1
Moderator/Leader of the Pack
Good night Mrs. B, wherever you are!
Long Live the Brotherhood of the Yard!

#1052211 - 38 minutes 25 seconds ago Re: One Gun ... which would you take? [Re: Lord Mortdecai]
SkunkHunter Online   happy
Junk Yard Dog

Loc: The Show me State
Oops, I completely forgot/missed the times of relative security and prosperity part and zoned in on the TEOTWAWKI part.

In light of this "Revelation", and NOT needing a trailer full of ammo, probably (although it does seem sort of counter productive to other posts I've made) a shotgun. More versatile, lending itself from tree rodent sized critters all the way to Grizz with slugs.

Now for a TEOTWAWKI situation where resupply may not be possible and needing to carry what we need to survive probably the lowly 22. It WILL gather game when needed, all the way to deer size. People deterrent, no not the greatest, but you could run off bad guys if you couldn't hide or run.
JYD#105

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2