Posted these at The Swamp and BF so I should in The Yard as well....

Well at slightly short notice I managed to take a "mental health week" away from work. The place has been crazy for the past 8 months and when I did the maths if I didn't have this past week off (and specifically this week !!) I would not get another till Feb or March next year.

So rather quickly I packed up and headed off west last Friday (the 1st), nearly 10 hours of driving later (normally closer to 8 or 8.5 but it was a crappy trip) I managed to arrive and pretty much just unpacked a swag and settled in for the night and a sleep in. Heavy frost in the morning and overnight it was around -1C, but I was toasty and didn't for a minute notice.

I ended up on around 50K acres alone for the week with the nearest neighbours (that I don't see or know) about 15km away. The owner lives 25km away and I saw him once all week.

First order of business was collecting firewood...!!!

[Linked Image from i997.photobucket.com]

And the chopper that helped....

Which all added up to a very cozy few nights in front of the fire...

Had I realised the wood situation I would have taken my chainsaw out to get some better wood than the dry dead fallen stuff I was scavenging. That trailer load lasted a whole two nights...!!! Thankfully the next tree I pulled apart was a bit more substantial and the second load lasted the rest of the week and burnt hot and slow...!!

I did however have to relocated a small gecko that I found in a very sleepy state inside a log, he warmed in the sun with me for a little before moving off into better accommodations... smile