I wanted to thin out the edge on my 1111, see if I could get her to bite deeper.
The Sharpmaker obviously would take forever, and I wanted a more precise and consistent angle than what I could get free handing it with water stones.
So, I borrowed a friends Atoma diamond stone, taped it to my homemade grinding jig ( I use for knife making,, slow but you can really get a nice bevel), set the angle using,,, yes,, the level on my iPhone.
Set it to 17 degrees, marked my edge with a sharpie to see the progress,, and slowly started grinding.
[Linked Image from images.tapatalk-cdn.com]

You can see in the last pic the original bevel is there creating essentially a micro bevel.

You can see here the original angle on the tip,, which was WAY more obtuse than the rest of the blade. I left the tip and swell(?) untouched for strength.

Now you can see where that same thickness behind the edge is at now, on the reground edge.
[Linked Image from i65.tinypic.com]

And the current thickness behind the edge.

I'm going to give it a micro bevel of about 25 with the Sharpmaker,, and hope I didn't screw this one up!

Here's a shot of the whole thing so far.
I'll smooth up the bevel wth a finer stone and strop, but I don't think I'll adjust the edge towards the tip.
I think it makes sense to leave it thicker there.. We'll see

Cheers!

Mongrel in Training....