Had to look the HK45C up. Nice looking gun.

HANDGUNS
I, when not on my belt, carry an SCCY 9mm (Federal P9HST 1) in my Fatboy by Maxpedition. It holds 10 rounds in the magazines and I carry 1 spare at all times, if I am going into a known sometimes problematic area I will carry 2 spare 10 round mags.

ON MY BELT, I most of the time any more, carry my Sig P239 40S&W (P40 HST 3) with 2 spare 8 round mags with a full mag plus one up the spout in the gun. All my ammo is the Federal HST 1 ammo, in medium weight and is a Plus P ammo. It was one of the three highest rated rounds that my research found. On the front end I have Xpress Sight Systems Big Dot 24/7 (tritium) night sights and they are the fastest sights I have ever seen, even I think faster than a red dot. What you have is a BIG honking glowing dot front sight and a rear that has a vertical tube of Tritium in it. So you just As they say in their advertising, Dot the I.

If I am not carrying the Sig I carry my Ruger SR1911CMD in 45ACP (P45 HST1) I carry with a McCormick 8 round mag with one up the pipe and 2 Spare 10 round McCormick mags in a double mag pouch. This one I carry in a Galco V-Hawk IWB holster but plan on upgrading this year to a Milt Sparks Versa Max II, the same holster I carry the Sig in. Oh the Sig holster is Horse Hide and I plan the same for the Ruger. It is thinner, but still more than rigid enough plus it is a little more water resistant than cowhide.

NON HANDGUN
I guess you can call me paranoid, and that's OK. Paranoia, in moderation of course, WILL help keep you safe. Anyway, I ALWAYS carry a Spyderco Para3 in my right front pocket. This is my Sheeple blade. I ALSO carry in the same pocket (it never comes out unless it was really really needed) an Emerson CQC15 either the Mini or the (Now for a while) full size. In my left front pocket I carry a Spyderco Para Military 2 set up for left hand carry. I just really like this knife and it gives me one other option if ever needed. Oh yeah, and in my Fat Boy I carry a Zero Tolerance 0770CF. It's light weight sturdy and just one more option.

The carry ammo I have listed above is of course NOT my practice ammo (just enough to know how it shoots).

EYES AND EARS always open and scanning the surroundings for sights and sounds that are just a mite "off". There has been a few times where I made Patty stay behind me or off to my left side (I am right handed). She doesn't ask why any more when I do this. I do not trust people. Not you guys of course, you're not people anyway, you're Dogs. grin

So there you have it, the Skunk loadout.

P.S. Even just around the house in or outside, I have a knife in my pocket. You never know when a BAD dog may come aound. It has happened 4 times now over the last oh 10 years or so.
Just like the rubber bracelet I got from Relentless Tactical when I bought my belts says, "Always Prepared, Never Surrender".

Last edited by SkunkHunter; 03/05/20 05:43 PM.

A Little Paranoia Will Keep
You Safe (ALPWKYS)

Be a Sheepdog
JYD#105