Of course! I'm just to lazy to write the full thing.

Hard to say for sure which is objectively the better blade (well, obviously for me the Hack is grin ). The Hack is lighter and slice-ier. The OD (original dogster) is easier to sharpen and sturdier.

But to be realistic, the weight difference ain't much, and sturdier? Well....I don't have doubts about either one.

I love convex blades, the OD model took a bit of time to sharpen, but help the edge forever (well as long as I had it anyway), but that Hack gets sharper, faster. Neither is hard to sharpen like some of my S30V blades...

Again... splitting hairs....which both could do grin

In the final analysis, for me it's no contest:

The Hack is clearly the better of the two and one i take great pains to never lose. It came from a dear friend and means the world. wink

That, and a Game Warden another fine Dog gifted, that will lleave home with my oldest, to whom it was truly given. He cleaned and butchered his first deer with that blade. He'll pass it to his son, and so on.

Another Dog made it possible for me to give my eldest an RMD. I got another for my second oldest, and my two girls will inherit my two INFI RMDs. One will get the satin with blaze orange g10, and the other gets the flat ground with the sheath yet another great Dog made for me... once it leaves my side, that is

Usable "heirloom" blades. Something your progeny can hold and know their father, grandfather, great grandfather, and so on all held in their hands and used to do the same thing....for a lot of reasons, giving my kids each a few nice items from their parents and grandparents is important to me. Not to saddle them with a burden of junk, but anchor them to their past and their heritage, with something they can continue to use like their ancestors did smile

I am also grateful that each of my kids will also have one item with special significance that amazing people I've met here over the decade or so I've been a member have done for me and my kids. There's a story that binds them to a larger community.

We're launching our second this fall. These items become all the more important to me, and hopefully to them as they go off into the world. I really wish I was able to get on here more often. I miss all the amazing people I've gotten to know and feel like I'm missing out on getting to know others. No matter how long it is between posts, rest assured you all are in my thoughts and prayers wink

Now you got me all teary- eyed Randy! Thanks a lot! wink

Last edited by DogTired; 05/20/22 12:06 PM.

JYD #126
Super JYD #13

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"A free people ought to be armed."

- George Washington