Copied over from http://www.scrapyardknives.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=374303

Dumpster Dan posted:
I agree 100% with Cold One's Post and offer some of my own insights into this as well.

Some of what often comes off as excessive negativity has hit this forum lately and can make it feel like an unfriendly place to hang out. We regularly receive emails from folks who say they are getting tired of this behavior on the forums and will either no longer be posting or will be posting less because of what they describe as “overly aggressive and opinionated responses”.

I'm going to give those who are responsible for this, the benefit of the doubt ONE last time!

Let's talk about “OPINIONS”. We welcome all opinions, but keep in mind that that is exactly what they are. . . opinions. THEY ARE NOT FACTS!

Campaigning by relentlessly restating your opinion over and over until you find 2 or 3 others who will agree with your argument does NOT MAKE YOUR OPINION A FACT!!!! There will be no more derailing of other's threads with what we perceive to be “OPINION CAMPAIGNS”. Repeatedly stating your opinions and then arguing with anybody whose opinion may differ from yours will no longer be tolerated. It is exhausting, inconsiderate, and petty. This nonsense is over!

This place will be fun with or without those who like to make little snide remarks and snippets and those who suffer from OCD (Opinion Campaigning Disorder)

We manufacture and sell knives. This OCD has the potential to hurt our business as many newbees who read some of this nonsense believe that it must be true. This is our home, our sales office, our living room, and the place where we hang out. Please respect this or you will be asked to leave.

Dan