Ok, I know this is off topic, but I know there are a lot of tech savvy guys here, and I trust you all better than anyone else I know. For over 10 years I’ve had a free Geocities website. I use it for my personal website, for hosting pics for eBay auctions, and my Pork Links Busse Kin link page. Yahoo is closing down their free Geocities hosting, so in a couple weeks my page will be gone. So, I will need a new host.

I have decided rather than get another free host; I want a paid host that I can have a custom domain name for. I want to own the domain name so I can transfer hosts if needed and keep ownership of the name. Besides the current uses for my page I listed above, I want to create an online store to sell items. I have a PayPal business account, so I can use their shopping cart system for a store. I’m looking for a host that’s affordable, reliable, with good customer service. I’m overwhelmed by the choices, and didn’t know if anyone had any suggestions.

Yahoo/Geocities emailed me their current offer, which is $4.99 a month (billed yearly) for the first year, but then after that it’s $9.99 a month. I think that’s not too bad for the first year, but too expensive after that. I looked at other sites, but I’ve seen conflicting reviews about their service, so I don’t know who is good and affordable.

Another site I was looking at is justhost.com. They are $4.95 a month (billed yearly) or $3.95 a month for a 2 year term. (Payable every 2 years - $94.80)

Does anyone have any suggestions? Both the sites above the price is for “unlimited” web space and transfer, with a lot of asterisks and limitations. I don’t know if there are any other sites that are better than these. I have my pages backed up on my computer, and I want to get a new page set up before my other one goes down. Thanks for any help you can offer.

JYD #4