The problem, in my opinion, is that you lied (or forgott to mention) to your parents about your knives, your gun and maybe other things. If you are sure about you're "style of life", and the money you spent it's yours, no need to lie, no need or hide your hobbies. Lies make you guilty also if you are'nt.

i didnt lie about anything. I dont need to disclose how i spend my discretionary money, i take the time to save, then i get whatever it is i have my mind set on. The only reason i havent mentioned the gun is because thats a subject they dont agree with me 100% on and im living under their roof.

i understand that is something very big and that its a big responsibility but i think the benefits of me keeping it are greater than what would happen if they knew about it. Im a fairly light sleeper and there has been an instance where ive been woken up by a car parking in front of our house and two armed men got out and walked over to the neighbors house ( theres a very long story about that, if theres interest ill start a whole new thread about it)

My father hasnt shot his .357 in over 2 decades and i dont feel he would take the responsibility of getting it if theres a bump in the night. He might be ready to go punch someone or something but like i said, he sleeps like a rock.
Also, if theres a tool that can be used that will keep us safer and at less risk than swinging fists, then im going to take it.

I understand that a firearm is a big thing to hide, but ive taken that responsibility and believe you me i know what that entails.

Apologize. My misunderstanding.