Ok I may be stretching a bit on subject matter but I trust you Dogs. Mods I'm sorry if this is not appropriate for this forum and please delete. I'm in the process of building and outdoor wood boiler. I wanted a gas powered cut off saw for cutting up various metal parts for the project. I found one on ebay that was advertised as new in box. The seller was named like a contractors supply outfit but had zero feedback. The opening bid was at a deal but not a steal. I thought that maybe it was someone just getting started on ebay and wanting to make a name for themselves. The listing wanted to be paid on paypal and advertised ebay buyers protection. I put in one bid at the starting bid and won the auction. After a lot of hesitation as to pay or not I decided to pay. I used paypal with my credit card for the paypal.

I figured I had the ebay buyers protection as well as my credit card company for fraud backup. Well it looks like I may need it as the auction ended and I paid on the 8th of Dec. I have had no reply to any of my emails so far and no contact at all from seller. I checked into the ebay buyers protection and I cannot even start a claim until about the 20th. Just wondering if any of you out there have had any dealings with ebay buyers protection or similar experience? were talking $750 here so it's going to hurt a bit if I'm screwed.