It came in yesterday. The Rodent 6 has to be one of the beefiest combat knives I have seen. You ain't gonna break this one. It reminds me of the old M6, which is also a tank of a knife. With a 6 3/8" long blade of SR101 (52-100) 1/4" thick, it has a lot of heft to it. Balance point is right on the double guard, so it is just slightly blade heavy in the hand. It can do light chopping. The contoured handle fits my big paws just right, much like the Ratmandu does. It won't be coming loose, even with some pounding, as the micarta scales are attached with steel tubes flared against the scales, as Busse Combat knives are constructed.
[Linked Image from i173.photobucket.com]
The Rodent 6 makes nice addition to my other Swamp Rats. I got lucky, as I actually have 3 sheaths that will fit it, a Spec-Ops, a generic cordura, and an Armorall leather one made for the ASH-1.
As you can see, the knives are about the same size, although mine is the skinny version.
Here is the Rodent 6 along side some of my other slab sided combat knives, Ranger RD-6, ESEE-6, and the ASH1.
Next up, lets beat this rodent.

Last edited by Horn Dog; 08/26/12 08:19 PM.

Horned, dangerous, and off my medication.