Me and some friends got kicked out of the hotel lobby and are now watching Doomsday Preppers. Watch a joke.

yes, they have some good ideas. But, they are missing the most important thing. When prepping you have to make sure you have things no one can take away from you - Skills and fitness.

A fat man with tons of food is easily robbed of his goods by me.

You will have to move in the apocalypse. Can you bring enough supplies for the rest of your life with you? No.

I am not saying don't stock up. I am saying spend as much effort preparing your body and mind. They can't take your fitness and skills away without getting through your fitness and skills. Fitness is not just physical, it is mental as well.

A good library of books on foraging, gardening, hunting/fishing and natural medicine will do more for you than a bucket of crappy freeze dried foods. Adding some exercise and combat training, you are good to go.

But, the fact is, you will probably just need your food and water supplies. i say this because I don't think a total social break down is going to happen in our life. Our biggest concern should be a Katrina event.

Semper Fi,
Warren

Last edited by JarheadJournalist; 02/01/13 05:19 AM.