I know this topic has been discussed before, but I'm seriously considering upgrading our Henckels International kitchen knife set. I was looking at the ESEE/Ethan Becker set and there are some custom makers that I could piece together a set from one at a time. But I think it would be really cool to buy maybe a 3 or 4 piece set from my favorite knife company.

So, my question to the members here is this. If Dan offered up a small set of kitchen knives, what would you like to see in it. Chef's, large and/or small santoku, paring, utility, cleaver, etc. What handle style? What steel?

I would think the handle style should pretty much be narrowed down to either the War Dog or Mudder handle. Blade steel should be either ELMAX or Sandvic 12c27 (HDD Dagger).

If I were picking my Dream Team 4 Piece Scrap Yard Kitchen Knife Set it would be an 8 inch chef's knife, 6 inch santoku, 5 inch utility, and 3.5 inch paring. All with War Dog handles and 12c27 steel. That is a good stainless steel well suited for kitchen use, and a lot cheaper than ELMAX.

What would you dogs prefer in a set of kitchen knives? I realize not everyone here is in the market for a new set of kitchen knives, but I think a little discussion wouldn't hurt.

USMC 1997-2002. 6173 CH-53D Sea Stallion Helicopter Crew Chief and Flightline Mechanic. Semper Fi!

"Be still, Taggart!"