Scrap Yard Discussion Forums

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 264 of 5,357 1 2 … 262 263 264 265 266 … 5356 5357
Re: The New Death Chat [Re: Evolute] #493491 09/20/10 07:45 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
rth548 Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
Hopefully the Taxman will be good enough to me that I can pick up a MacBook. If not, I've got almost enough stuck back to get one, but I also want a new camera body by next summer.



Resident Redneck
JYD #117
Re: The New Death Chat [Re: rth548] #493492 09/20/10 07:48 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,175
Evolute Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,175
I hope you can get both – but if you can't get a new camera, you can still take worthy photos with a less-than-great camera.

Re: The New Death Chat [Re: Evolute] #493493 09/20/10 07:51 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
rth548 Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
Mine is just getting old, more than 200k clicks on it. It's been great, but it's about time to replace it.



Resident Redneck
JYD #117
Re: The New Death Chat [Re: rth548] #493494 09/20/10 07:53 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
rth548 Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
Just got it back from it's annual cleaning, so it should get me through basketball season, but I'd like to replace it before another football season.



Resident Redneck
JYD #117
Re: The New Death Chat [Re: rth548] #493495 09/20/10 07:56 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
rth548 Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
I may just get a new one and keep my current body just for sports, but I'm not sure yet. I get so much noise on low-light stuff that it gets to be a pain to work with.



Resident Redneck
JYD #117
Re: The New Death Chat [Re: rth548] #493496 09/20/10 07:56 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,175
Evolute Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,175
You CLA your camera annually?

Everyone hears that we're supposed to, but not many do.

Re: The New Death Chat [Re: Evolute] #493497 09/20/10 08:01 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
rth548 Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
I try to. Most of the time it's every couple years, but since I know it needs to last me another couple seasons I did it again this summer



Resident Redneck
JYD #117
Re: The New Death Chat [Re: rth548] #493498 09/20/10 08:02 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
rth548 Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
I figure the older it gets, the more attention it needs.



Resident Redneck
JYD #117
Re: The New Death Chat [Re: rth548] #493499 09/20/10 08:04 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,175
Evolute Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,175
I got my 6 year old cam CLA'd for the first time, about a year ago.

Re: The New Death Chat [Re: Evolute] #493500 09/20/10 08:07 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
rth548 Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
For the first few years I didn't do it. But I had warranty work done on it at 4 years and since then every 2 years I send it in for CLA.



Resident Redneck
JYD #117
Re: The New Death Chat [Re: rth548] #493501 09/20/10 08:10 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
rth548 Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 86,633
Mike, a question. How many bodies do you normally carry? I've only got the one right now, since I sold my backup a while back. Now I'm thinking about buying another good body and keeping my D2 for a backup, but I could almost get a D300 and a D90 for the price of a D700. Any advice there?



Resident Redneck
JYD #117
Re: The New Death Chat [Re: rth548] #493502 09/20/10 08:15 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,175
Evolute Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,175
I normally carry one, and have one as a back up.

I don't really have much to offer, for camera buying advice. It depends on too many factors.

Last edited by Evolute; 09/20/10 08:20 AM.
Page 264 of 5,357 1 2 … 262 263 264 265 266 … 5356 5357

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3