Originally Posted by SkunkHunter
Originally Posted by Architect
Originally Posted by SkunkHunter
Hey Hooker, how do you like the Vortex Spitfire? I put an Aimpoint on my CX4 carbine and didn't really like it. It was an OLD scope, one I've probably had for 15 years or better. Looking for something that will fit between front and rear sight (11 inches) of my rifle. I also really like the Lucid technologies HD7 Gen III.

Randy, the Aimpoint T-1 weighs 3.0 ounces and is about 3" long. Battery life is 5 years on setting 8 of 10.

Just looked it up OUCH! The Vortex and Lucid offerings are more in my working man's price range. Think I might hold out for the Lucid HD7 Gen III. My birthday is not much over a month away, I might have to start dropping "Hints". smile

I like the Spitfire for an inexpensive ($180) optic. I tried it after I had an Eotech fail. Loved the recticle and sight picture but too often when checking, the Eotech's "N" batteries were found to be dead and after the electronics died for the second time I contacted them and got a refund in full.
So now I've been trying to find suitable optics with glass etched recticles. Will always have a sight picture, even if you forget to turn on or if the battery is dead. May have to save up and try an Aimpoint with their killer battery life, but am partial to the circle dot for my aging eyes. My grail would be a VCOG.
A buddy tried the Lucid and found the Dot to be irregular and the unit seemed to just have a cheap feel to it. He sent it back.

JYD 139
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty",Thomas Jefferson