Originally Posted by SkunkHunter
I have a couple smaller bags that I think would work well for this project, and could go all the way up to the 511 Push Pack thereby allowing for even more items to include a freeze dried meal or two, an all weather space blanket and a 25oz SS water bottler in the side pouch. We will see.

I took this from Gary's list and have a few questions.

FIRE
1. Bic Butane Lighter
IDEALLY I think I would like the Maratac XL peanut lighter
2. Ferro rod/striker I have along with a container of PJCB

WATER
1. I have a Sawyer Mini that includes a 1 lit platypus style bag
2. I also have a bottle of the purification tablets and have plans to incorporate some Bleach as well.

SHELTER
1. I have 2 all weather space blankets that incorporate a head and hand "Pouches" I have both "Tether" cord and 550 cord
2. I need to get one of those flimsy "Emergency" ponchos.
3. I've got two or three of the Large trash/contractor bags left

TOOLS
1. I have about 4 retractable diamond hones (Smith's and Ez-lap)
2. I've got a half dozen of the P51 openers
3. I think I will use my large GTI folder for this

NAV and SIGNALING
1. Probably my new Sidewinder Compact light, it will always be close to me (or at least in the Jeep or truck, of if with someone else in their vehicle.
2. An area or "Glow" light, I'll need to think about this
3. Need to get a couple battery carriers
4. I have a small silva compass
5. I have one whistle but need to pick up another

FIRST AID/HYGIENE
1. Duct Tape I've got, even some clear packing tape
2. Germ X-Wipes (got a dozen of these)
3. Bandaid/bandage "Kit" need to come up with something.

Well I've got MY list now to work on. What do Y'all think of the additions/substitutions I've made?

Randy,
No need for more than one P51 or sharpening stone. Duct tape only - packing tape doesn't work in the field (I've tested it).

I like the bleach, but have been afraid it'll end up all over my kit and clothes (in a non emergency):

Silva is a good compass (my standard brand).

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.