I carry a G17, G45 Roland Special, G19 with RMR, and a Smith 340PD J-frame.

I CCW for defense and counter ambush purposes. On all my glocks I carry with a surefire X300 ultra weapon light. Because you absolutely need to have positive target and threat I.D. I’m also moving towards Trijicon RMR slide mounted dots on all of my glocks with 2 out of my 4 glocks equipped. I’ve been using them for 3 years now with a year of independent testing before implementing them for every day carry. I found them as a real advantage especially while tracking and engaging moving targets which is very likely to happen in a defensive encounter. Also the ability to place fast accurate fire at distance is hard to ignore. In today’s environment the ability to retreat can be impeded by the the environment you find yourself in. If your halfway down the isle at Walmart and are engaged by an active shooter can you effectively place shots on target 25yds away? A RMR certainly can help. The J frame for me came about after attending a Varg Freeborn Violence of Mind Defensive Pistol class. The mindset of of people who are professional criminally violent. The J frame and similar weapons fill a unique roll as a discrete to deploy counter ambush weapon. While I believe that I probably have a better chance of getting in a car accident or getting hit by lightning than needing a defensive weapon I still take the responsibility of providing and protecting my family very seriously and will train and equip myself to the best of my ability to do so.

Any day I'm above the grass and I'm not a zombie is a good day! JYD#138