I lost my war dog in a field!

A few years back I lost my then-favorite knife while hunting deer during the summer in a field overgrown with weeds and brush. The blade popped right out of my sheath off my hunting bag (strapped to the MOLLE straps of a Maxped Fatboy).Only noticed after I shot two deer and reached down to butcher them frown Thankfully, I had a backup knife.

I searched the roughly 25 acres I had traversed of a 200 acre field for hours. Brought my kids back with machetes and a metal detector, and got nothing but soaked to the bone after getting caught in a summer downpour. Searched the field that fall after the brush was cut for hours after every hunt. I always have the field a passover after every hunt in the years that followed until the farmer was forced to sell this past year. Never found it. Did make some good memories with the kids, though.

Those were the two most expensive deer I've ever shot. Made me all the more upset since I'd recently paid something like $45-50 for the sheath that let go of the knife.

That was, at the time, the only piece of INFI I owned. A kind Dog here later donated an INFI Game Warden to my son for his first deer.

That blade has served my kids well though many deer since and holds a special place in the knife drawer until such a time as my oldest has moved out and is settled in his own place to use with his own kids.

JYD #126
Super JYD #13

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

"A free people ought to be armed."

- George Washington