Hmm, though EMF was either misinformed or misspoke, it would be interesting to add 5160 to the comparison of SR-101 and INFI. In my experience, 5160 is a great combat steel because of its amazing toughness, and should be held in the pantheon of super tool steels. As far the 101/INFI comparison, I think that if you put price and performance in a ratio, you'll find that they're about equal. I would say that INFI is the best, and that their heat-treat is the best, but also that their price reflects that very accurately. Its improper to compare two steels without also addressing the disparity in price. There will be exceptions to that statement, which I'm sure people will probably point out, but thats my opinion. That point aside, I will be the first to admit that SR-101 is inferior to INFI in many ways. As for chipping, I've noticed some very small dings in my RMD, but nothing that keeps it from being REALLY REALLY sharp (as the three stitches in my finger will attest to). I've stuck the knife in the dirt when I was frenziedly keeping a fire going, and things like that, but its still a really tough steel. Sharp, a fellow member, posted a thread of him digging through several 2x4's without any damage to the tip, so very good. But you get what you pay for (the glaring exceptions being SY and occasionally syderco).

my 2c

Have you hugged your camp knife today?