[color:"blue"]Horn Dog said: "If I am not mistaken, that is the type of weapon used in the recent massacre at Ft Hood. Not that the weapon caused the attack, but it has a lot of firepower and good penetration, apparently." [/color]

Yes, it is Vic.

[color:"blue"]Skunk Hunter said: "OK, so it's SORT OF like a short .223? That may not be a very good comparison but my limited brain pan has to grasp at straws where it finds them."[/color]

Yes, it is Skunk Hunter. I use the same OTIS .223 cleaning kit that I use on my M4 for the 5.7.

[color:"blue"]Ted said: "Yes, it is the same weapon. I'm sure it'll be banned in the near future. I wonder how a Grendel P-30 compares?"[/color]

I've never had the chance to examine or fire a Grendel.

[color:"blue"]Lazi said: "Rifles? The PS90 and there is a AR upper to make a AR57.

I've been seeing a lot of posts about the FSN and Ft. Hood but I decided to not mention it unless it came up. It is a lot of firepower in a nice package but if you look at Luby's cafe massacre and the other incidents that have happen in that area of the country then you can probably find more fault water (or something) than guns..

The FSN is a nice gun that shoots a nasty little round. Comparisons of it and the Grendal have been floating around since it was first created. They seem to compare very close on many different points. My interest in the Grendel is due to how fond I am of the FiveSeven. A lot of guys debate stopping power and shot placement but most have never even shot one. Some debate wound channels, over and under penetration, and energy dumping. I think there's some gel shot pictures somewhere out there. They aren't just super impressive (none cut in half or exploded) but I'm comfortable with what I saw and I've been more than comfortable with what I have seen at the range."[/color]

I looked at the AR57 as well and, as I have a penchant for the odd and unusual, I wanted to get one before they dry up, if, in fact, they do get banned but I have liked the basic premise of the 5.7 since its introduction.

If you remember, this weapon had a bad reputation in the beginning as it was heavily lobbied against by police unions and in 2005, the Five-Seven pistol and 5.7x28mm cartridge were specifically targeted for a U.S. federal ban.

I don't want to get caught up in any rhetorical conversations about right and wrong and I hope I have not offended anyone by posting about the weapon.

Inside each knife is a new adventure waiting to be had...maybe some blood and probably some suture.