Hey bro!

I guess this steps in that "which is the best home defense weapon?" which can never be answered. I have heard or read every argument for every caliber for every type of gun. Like most of my gear I prefer them to specialize for an intended purpose. The "one size fits no one" is true. That's why we dogs, rats, and hogs buy the best blades of every size for a particular job.
Dependability typically equates to less moving parts the better (Ishi is spot on with this). Most fire fights are a surprise, fast, close range, and chaotic. I've witnessed soldiers just qualifying panic and forget how to clear a jam. So for average folk I think screwing around with reloading, checking this and that, and making sure the right caliber is loaded for the right range should be eliminated as much as possible. Probably 99% of HD guns are never maintained or practiced with either.
Someone on another forum, who claimed to be a police officer said he keeps his HD shotgun loaded with 3 different loads (2 of ea) going from bird shot to slug just doesn't sit right with me. Opposite of this is my Army experience of having a basic M16 and forbidden to carry anything else.

Last edited by Hart; 08/19/11 04:47 PM.