Skunk is a very wise man, and I agree with his assessments:

1) RESEARCH!
2) Understand that the you'll be entering the military as the lowest denominator - and they will do what they want to do with you.
3) Pray about it.
4) ITS YOUR DECISION.

I can add that from my experience, people who enlisted end up doing something completely unrelated to their dreams. I'm friends with several retired Marine and Naval officers, and they've all adjusted to civilian life well. They're working in fields related to their military career and doing very well financially.

Your interests, prospects, experience and vaules are all very different from anyone else's. I would say, however, that you should really weigh the information you hear and research. You're likely to hear the military is great from someone who really likes it, and likely to hear it sucks from someone who hates it. However, you have a specific career path in mind and short of ending up a MOS 18B - its my opinion that you're not going to get where you want to go through enlistment.

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.