Very nice M76, one of the best made AK style rifles. It is a shame that they stopped the importation from Finland when they did, and even more a shame the company was not around when the ban was lifted. I would love to have a 76 again, but this time both in 5.56mm and 7.62x39mm.

This one was unfired, NIB when I got it a several years ago (I fixed that!).

Had just gotten a bonus at work, saw it on gunbroker and put in a lowball bid.
This was when the AWB was still in force, and prices on pre-ban stuff was still high. I didn't make the reserve (only bit $1000), and forgot about the rifle. A day later, the seller hits me up with an email that if I still want the rifle, he'll sell it to me for my initial bid ($1000). I said "Sure..."

It came with 3-30 rd Factory Valmet mags, 1-15 rd., and a couple converted AK mags. Just the Valmet mags were almost $450 in value.

When it got to my FFL, it truly was unfired. It was missing the bayonet and the green leather sling, but otherwise in NIB condition.

If you know what these sell for, and what all "pre ban assault rifles" were selling for, you know it was a steal.

It's a great shooter!

[Linked Image from images49.fotki.com]

Oh yeas, I remember. My first Valmet was a M71, then I had to get a 76. I even got to shoot a buddies M76 in 7.62x39mm and M78 on occasion. You did make a steal. I used to get Valmet stuff from a guy that went by Finn Bear--he was a former greco wrestler in Finland that had moved to the US. Great guy and I miss talking with him.

Men you can't trust, women you can't trust, beasts you can't trust, but Bussekin steel you can trust