Hooker is right. I've been much more successful when I hunt with a partner. I don't hunt with a shotgun, I use a rifle. But, somethings may apply.

A couple of other things that I've learned along the way:

Use you range finder BEFORE the action starts. Pre-range the path you think they'll be using as we'll as other points.

Hitting a running coyote is possible, but very tough at long range. If the spot you and take off, keep him in your cross hairs and follow him. If they feel safe they will often slow to a trot and even stop for a few seconds and look back before they take off again. I've killed a few during that pause.

If your using an electronic call, be ready to switch to "wounded coyote" because I've had quite a few stop in their tracks even if they've lost interest or bust me.

A good pair of binoculars is a must. Yotes have great senses, so seeing them from a distance before they get close allows you time to adjust and prepare before they are close enough to see/hear/smell.
you.

Coyotes learn quickly. Don't use the same call in the same stand too often or they will take off the minute they hear your call.

JYD#116