Originally Posted by Spider-Pig
Originally Posted by Rasmus
I would think, Dan would be apprehensive making too many blades with the Regulator handle.
The issues described further up in this tread, about the topguard, would make me think twice about offering the Regulator handle, were I Dan.

Knowing that last time the Regulator handle was offered, there was enough discontent with that handle, to make an alteration available, may make Dan love the Basic handle more...

Well, at this point the only knives with the Regulator handle are variants of the same knife. Compare that with knives with the Dog Father handle and I would say that there is no danger of the Regulator handle finding its way onto too many knives.

In my opinion, the main reason there was discontent regarding the Regulator handle was that there was a test team, and almost every person on the test team didn't like the Res-C guard on the handle. At least three forum members were banned over the bickering. I think the knife would've been received much better if there hadn't been a test team involved, but since there was, some people got their feelings hurt when the handle wasn't changed to their liking. The knife designs belong to Dan, and he knows what's best for his company. I seriously doubt we'll ever see a test team again.

I was lucky enough to be part of the test team, and think that the concept was great
Iirc those for and against the top guard were about even
Really there was only one person that really went overboard with their complaints

Unfortunately what should have been a good thing was wrecked by the actions of a very small group

The stripes of a tiger don't wash away. Be a man of steel not clay JYD #102