Originally Posted by Ray Settanta
Originally Posted by RUNIT
Man, I hate being a weirdo! I have tried to like them and I really wanted to. I think my fingers are just too long. I might need to try harder. eek

I have a handle problem with the Ratmandu. People have told me that it has the best handle but I cannot feel comfortable with it. Since many people have said that the RMD is one of the best Swamp Rat knives, I have tried hard to like it. But I can't. The handle is just wrong for me. You seem to have a similar problem with mudders. Not your fault. BTW, feel free to send any unloved mudders my way. I will give them a good home. grin

Huh. Care to take a photo of the RMD and a mudder in hand?

I definitely find the mudder to be slightly off - the swell is too far back on the handle (or the neck is too long & skinny) so it misses the pocket of the hand. The RMD hump/swell is perfect though could be improved with lateral (sides) contour and less guard material before the choil, imho:

[Linked Image from lh6.googleusercontent.com] [Linked Image from lh3.googleusercontent.com]

[Linked Image from lh3.googleusercontent.com] [Linked Image from lh4.googleusercontent.com]