Scrap Yard Discussion Forums

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 33 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 32 33
Re: What did you do to prepare today? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1001598 05/25/14 12:10 AM
Endeavour Morse Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Sorry for obvious typos - no Internet (or cable or gas or domestic water or land line phone) are just a few of the luxuries we give up to live on a farm. As such, I have to use my iPhone to post (when the service is working).

JYD #123 The great one formerly known as Architect.

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.

Re: What did you do to prepare today? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1001599 05/25/14 12:18 AM
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
I cringe every time someone says "if the ' feces impacts the oscillating blades' I'm coming to your farm! You have plenty of food! "

This is usually while drinking a coke and eating potato chips.

My response is always the same: " I'll teach you how to be a self sufficient homesteader but if you chose to ignore the offer and continue relying on taxpayer subsidized GMO and imported food you will N O T like the reception you'd receive if you show up on my door step after our failing agricultural and distribution system fails".

I am now a fictional British television police officer (currently a Detective Sgt) at Thames Valley Station. My governor is Detective Inspector Fred Thursday and it’s 1969.

Re: What did you do to prepare today? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1001600 05/25/14 12:24 AM
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
I've said it many times here...

My family are not preppers not do we associate with them. We are, however, green organic local food advocates who have hyper educated ourselves on the US agricultural system.

Did you know ...

While many countries are moving to ban GMO food we are still subsidizing it and blocking local efforts to require it to be labeled. By the way, CHINA is even banning GMO!!!

How many miles your food travels before it gets to your plate? We've read it's between 1800 and 2000 for most produce now.

That pesticides, herbicides, and petrochemical fertilizers build up in the soil, erode into the water table / streams / rivers and ARE CONSUMED BY HUMANS? If a bug can't eat it and survive ...

Re: What did you do to prepare today? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1001601 05/25/14 12:30 AM
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Think about how fragile our OTR trucking system is. We no longer rely on rail so we are dependent on semi deliveries.

Grocery stores are now "lean delivery" stores without a back of house. They have on average 36 hours worth of food.

Imports are dependent on fossil fuels, computerized scheduling and so forth .

This all seems radically foreign from the food production and distribution model of just 75 years ago.

Re: What did you do to prepare today? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1001602 05/25/14 12:30 AM
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Food is the future.

Re: What did you do to prepare today? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1001603 05/25/14 12:35 AM
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
To my mind, taking care of your own basic needs: food, water, sanitation, and defense are not "survival topics". It's the simple way of life all right mined people should be embarked upon.

If you're living like it was 1800 who cares what some politician says or does? Who cares if the heathens are eating corn that drenched in Round Up? What difference does it make if the stock market crashes or the International Bankster controlled and PRIVATELY OWNED Fed Reserve changes interest rates?

The only solution is nullification. You thrive by making "them" irrelevant in your life.

Re: What did you do to prepare today? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1001604 05/25/14 12:39 AM
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
If you think stockpiling food, ammo and water is going to keep you alive them you've deluded yourself into a Hollywood inspired , mass media contrived fantasy.

If you manage to store 7 years of food ...what happens if your per calamity lasts eight years or your storage is raided / damaged / whatever?

Re: What did you do to prepare today? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1001605 05/25/14 12:41 AM
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
The only real (and I say this with love - not hate) solution is to stop being "stockpile preppers" and start being homesteaders.

Re: What did you do to prepare today? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1001606 05/25/14 12:45 AM
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
I once heard "free your mind and your butt will follow". This is especially true for those that have been given the discernment to understand they are responsible for their own preservation.

Taking the next step and realizing that stockpiling is just another form of controlled consumerism - free your mind to the possibility of stripping them of their power of fear over you by taking control of your food , water and defense.

"Roll your own".

Start out by soul searching - do you really have what it takes to handle the responsibility of being truly free?

Re: What did you do to prepare today? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1001607 05/25/14 12:51 AM
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
True freedom is what I'm suggesting.

Freedom from:
- political influence
- food dependence
- financial dependence

It is possible.

I've learned to be 100% non-political. We've downshifted (google it) to the point of tearing paper napkins in half. We're learning to fill in the third and final piece of the puzzle : filing our stomachs. Once we get good at that - why would we care if the zombies rise and cause an economic crash that triggers an EMP strike that fries every semi in America?

Re: What did you do to prepare today? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1001608 05/25/14 12:53 AM
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
I'm coining a term right now. You heard it here first wink

Common Sense Nullifier

I'm a CSN.

Re: What did you do to prepare today? [Re: Endeavour Morse] #1001609 05/25/14 12:53 AM
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Pun intended.

Page 21 of 33 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 32 33