Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Question for Dan re: Invitation to Negotiate #101152 05/12/07 12:04 AM
Dumpster Dan Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
A situation arose recently that brings up a question.

I was interested in trading a Scrap Yard knife, but I only wanted to make it available to the Dogs who frequent this forum. I couldn't figure out a way to announce it without infracting the rules so I ended up PM'ing the JYDs in hopes that one of them might want it. That worked out OK this time, but it was tedious and inefficient. Rather than having to go through that again, I wonder if it would be possible to post an invitation to negotiate for the sale or trade of a Scrap Yard knife with the stipulation that negotiations have to be conducted off line. So if I wanted to sell or trade a Dog Father, for instance, I'd publish a post with the subject "Invitation to Negotiate" and post the Dog Father as the knife under discussion. Then interested parties could PM or e-mail me for more information.

Actually, we've already established a precedent for doing that sort of thing with the sheath manufacturers. When a new knife is released, Dave or Dwayne let us know when a sheath is available. In order to get pricing or make a purchase, however, we have to contact them via PM or e-mail.

I understand your desire not to turn the Yard into a secondary market. But if negotiations are conducted off line, that shouldn't be a problem.

What do you think?

I appreciate the thinking and the well thought out memo. However, I insist on this forum being void of sales.

I have been forgiving on the sheaths since the Dogs have been respectable and have not blatantly pushed products.

I get numerous requests from Amway sales people, Vitamin companies, Pharmaceuticals groups and a host of others wanting to push their stuff on the forum and they get the same answer.

Sorry
Dan

Post deleted by Private Klink [Re: Dumpster Dan] #101153 05/12/07 12:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re: Question for Dan re: Invitation to Negotiate #101154 05/12/07 12:14 AM
Dumpster Dan Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
There are other sites that people can sell on. Some of the ideas you guys have been kicking around are pretty creative and may hold potential.

Dan

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4