Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
NEOhio Bussekin Chop-in, Hot Dog Roast, and Shoot. #1022799 05/04/15 09:36 PM
resinguy Offline OP
Pooch
OP Offline
Pooch
Yes, we had so much fun last fall, we just have to do it again. We started these events in 2007, and they have all been great fun. But we kicked it up last year, with a new location and the addition of shooting, and it was our best ever. Knives, friends, food, and shooting; whats not to like?

So, let's get out in the woods and use those blades! We have a new location. intell440 was tired of the 6 hour drives to our events, and he moved back to Ohio. So we will meet at his place in Madison, OH. He has 4 acres, and at least 3 look to be tree covered. There will be plenty of fodder to exercise our chopping arms and make fuel for the fire. As usual, I will bring the hot dogs for lunch.

Mark your calendars for Sat. May 16, 10:30am.

Location has easy access off Exit 212 of I90, at Rt 528

Bring your knives, big and small, all brands, to use and abuse, and for show and tell if you have safe queens. All are welcome; Hogs, Rats, Dogs, piglets and puppies, would-be, wanna-be, lurkers and others. Sharpen up your users, polish up the safe queens for show and tell, bring some stuff for sale or trade. There is always some great stuff to see and use. I'll bring some users for you to play with. Others are sure to bring some toys as well. roenman might show off something cool. If there is any specific blades you would like to see, just ask, and maybe someone can accommodate you. One of the features of a GTG like this is the chance to hold or try out a new knife.

And bring your shootin' irons. Clint has set up a 100 yd shooting lane, with metal targets at 25 and 100 yards. We had all kinds of cool guns last year. I got to shoot some kind of .308 Bullpup rifle for the first time ever, and a Beretta 9mm carbine with a red dot sight. Great fun. There was a Ruger .22 with a suppressor, and other fun stuff. My daughter had a good learning opportunity with different calibers and weapons. No promises on what might be there, but we will have fun. And we will be safe. You might understandably be concerned about shooting with folk that you don't know, but please be assured that we take gun safety seriously.

Hope that you can join us for a good time.

Please EMAIL me for the address, so that I can add you to our mailing list for future events.

Re: NEOhio Bussekin Chop-in, Hot Dog Roast, and Shoot. [Re: resinguy] #1022925 05/10/15 12:39 PM
resinguy Offline OP
Pooch
OP Offline
Pooch
Scroll down in this thread for some pics from last years event...

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...highlight=chop

and you could be using this new one...

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]