Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
How do I track a package to canada? #10902 01/05/07 08:21 PM
Unsub Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
I am having problems tracking my package. When scrapyard ships something to canada
does it go by the US postal service or canada post or a private company like
fed express? The tracking number is the 5 digit number after the shipping date on the invoice right? Anyone know what the duty is on the scrapper 4? I thought the reason we(both the US and canada) sent most of our manufacturing jobs to mexico via nafta was so we could buy duty free goods from each other?

"if you want to be a hero you have to learn to drive stick"! Sara Conner
Re: How do I track a package to canada? [Re: Unsub] #10903 01/05/07 09:00 PM
Jerrwhy Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
it'll go USPS until it hits the border. Then I believe that customs has to clear it and then turn it over to the Canadian post. At least that's always the way it's been when I've sent stuff to Canada.

Peace
Jerry

Klaatu... verada... necktie The 16th Dog!
Re: How do I track a package to canada? [Re: Jerrwhy] #10904 01/05/07 09:00 PM
Jerrwhy Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Oh, and customs shouldn't be an issue as the scrapper was made in the US of A.

Peace Again
Jerry

Re: How do I track a package to canada? [Re: Jerrwhy] #10905 01/05/07 10:43 PM
Unsub Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Thanks Jerry I apreciate the help. Next time I am in the market for a boom stick I will get one from S mart.

Re: How do I track a package to canada? [Re: Unsub] #10906 01/07/07 11:55 PM
Dumpster Dan Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
I am having problems tracking my package. When scrapyard ships something to canada
fed express? The tracking number is the 5 digit number after the shipping date on the invoice right? Anyone know what the duty is on the scrapper 4? I thought the reason we(both the US and canada) sent most of our manufacturing jobs to mexico via nafta was so we could buy duty free goods from each other?

We ship to canada by express mail, US Postal Service. I am not sure what NAFTA really did for anyone...as far as a consumer is concerned.

If you have an issue with a shipment, please contact us directly

Dan

Re: How do I track a package to canada? [Re: Dumpster Dan] #10907 01/08/07 12:00 AM
Jerrwhy Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog

We ship to canada by express mail, US Postal Service. I am not sure what NAFTA really did for anyone...as far as a consumer is concerned.

Dan

NAFTA allowed the consumer to avoids having to pay duties on goods made in Canada, Mexico, or the US. When I lived in Detroit I ordered some furling units for our sailboat. They came our to about 1500.00 and were made in Canada. When I crossed the border to pick them up I didn't have to pay duty on them as they were made in Canada.

Peace
Jerry

Re: How do I track a package to canada? [Re: Jerrwhy] #10908 01/08/07 01:13 AM
Dumpster Dan Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog

Dan

NAFTA allowed the consumer to avoids having to pay duties on goods made in Canada, Mexico, or the US. When I lived in Detroit I ordered some furling units for our sailboat. They came our to about 1500.00 and were made in Canada. When I crossed the border to pick them up I didn't have to pay duty on them as they were made in Canada.

Peace
Jerry

Thats good to know...I have never expierenced that

Thanks
Dan

Re: How do I track a package to canada? [Re: Dumpster Dan] #10909 01/08/07 04:36 AM
Unsub Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Thats what I thought but it is nice to know for sure from someone who has dealt with customs. My knife left on the first so it should be here early this week.
Hopefully tommorow but it could be several more days. Thanks guys I was just a bit concerned because I could not make the tracking number work.

Re: How do I track a package to canada? [Re: Unsub] #10910 01/08/07 09:07 AM
Jerrwhy Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Keep in mind that the post offices here were closed on the first because of New Years, and the 2nd because of the death of President Ford.

Re: How do I track a package to canada? [Re: Jerrwhy] #10911 01/08/07 04:31 PM
Unsub Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
The dog team finally arrived with my Infidel SS4 and I am a little disapointed.
That I only ordered one! It is fabulous. It is razor sharp and the polished spine looks even better in real life than in pictures. There was no duty just an 8$
handling fee and 3 dollars tax.

Re: How do I track a package to canada? [Re: Unsub] #10912 01/09/07 02:40 AM
Dumpster Dan Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
The dog team finally arrived with my Infidel SS4 and I am a little disapointed.
That I only ordered one! It is fabulous. It is razor sharp and the polished spine looks even better in real life than in pictures. There was no duty just an 8$
handling fee and 3 dollars tax.

I am so glad it arrived

Enjoy
Dan

Re: How do I track a package to canada? [Re: Dumpster Dan] #10913 01/09/07 10:32 PM
Unsub Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Thanks Dan it was great dealing with the yard, I will definitly be ordering more from You and Patti.

Page 1 of 2 1 2