Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Illegal Search? [Re: Gravelface] #12633 01/19/07 02:10 AM
Unsub Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
The gun laws in canada suck compared to the US but saskatchawan is the best province as far as gun ownership. It helps that there are less than amillion people and 400 000 registered guns an probably twice as many unregistered.
Mostly farm rifles and shotguns though. More guns per capita than the US and very little gun crime.

"if you want to be a hero you have to learn to drive stick"! Sara Conner
Re: Illegal Search? [Re: Unsub] #12634 01/19/07 02:21 AM
Gravelface Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Small percentage of the population committing the majority of the gun crime....

EMail if you have a spare 460!!!! JYD# 2
Re: Illegal Search? [Re: Gravelface] #12635 01/24/07 04:41 AM
Andy Wayne Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
That sucks. Pretty stupid to give you $h!t over a phone. Like 80% of the population carries them. They should get with the times. There’s all kinds of things you could do to get revenge as an enemy on the inside. Especially if you’re thinking of leaving. And something I learned in business law class at school, even if you were a horrible employee, they can’t give you a bad reference to a future employer, or you can sue them. Instead of using a chapstick tube for pills, have you ever tried one of those keychain pill fobs? I have a couple extra stainless steel ones if you’re interested. I keep one on my keychain with a BP pill and a Darvocet in it. The only downside is if you have several or larger pills, then they won’t all fit.

JYD #4
Re: Illegal Search? [Re: Andy Wayne] #12636 01/24/07 03:52 PM
P
PSG1 Offline
Mutt
Mutt
P
If it went down the way you said it did they did nothing illegal. They asked you and you complied. If they made threats and made you turn out your pockets then you may have something. Also depends on your state laws but if you put medication in another bottle other than the original it is a misdemeanor. There is also laws on the books that forbid someone from stopping you from getting a signal (i.e. radio, cell, dish tv). Might see if anyone else was asked to turn out there pockets. Might be a discrimination issue too. Most work places have gone to hell and are getting worse.

I love my country but fear my government.
Re: Illegal Search? [Re: PSG1] #12637 01/24/07 10:26 PM
Andy Wayne Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Also depends on your state laws but if you put medication in another bottle other than the original it is a misdemeanor.

I thought it was as long as you have the perscription (“legal permission”) it was ok, but a PITA for them because it’d have to be verified through the Dr. or pharmacy that you’re entitled to have the medicine. Shouldn’t be a problem anyway though, because without reasonable cause, the police can’t search it anyway, because it’s a sealed container and would need reasonable cause, or a search warrant. And for all they know, it contains OTC painkillers or vitamins, so they wouldn’t normally have reasonable cause to search it.

There is also laws on the books that forbid someone from stopping you from getting a signal (i.e. radio, cell, dish tv).

Yeah, that’s against FCC regulations to interfere with a broadcast signal. But I think that’s aimed more at electronically blocking a signal, not physically taking a phone away for instance.

JYD #4
Re: Illegal Search? [Re: Andy Wayne] #12638 01/24/07 10:49 PM
Paddling man Offline
Mutt
Mutt
Especially if you’re thinking of leaving. And something I learned in business law class at school, even if you were a horrible employee, they can’t give you a bad reference to a future employer, or you can sue them.

True but be very careful depending on this as an umbrella to allow you to do whatever you want as a "parting gift." There are ways around this that are incredibly difficult and expensive to prove in court.

Especially be careful of this action, depending on the industry. There are only 4-5 places to work in each city for my specific job title and only two of these positions in each place. Consider roughly 200 metro areas in the US (DMA- Designated Market Area) and that I couldn't make enough to make the transition worthwhile to move to one of these positions in anything but the 75 largest DMAs. I'm in one of those eight positions in St. Louis which is the 21st largest market.

Trust me... in many fields if you goof around, you make a name for yourself through the grapevine and will find yourself unemployable. Legal ethics won't completely dissuade the human desire to gossip; especially if you make yourself... memorable.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3