Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Re: Your next knife (no not that one) [Re: scrappy] #131512 08/28/07 04:33 PM
scrappy Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
I can not pick another knife because I just bought another BRKT Forrester yesterday and 3 more machetes after reading Vic's rewiew. if you guys weren't always showing your knives I wouldn't buy so much.

I also picked up a gerber gator usa made 154cm guthook fixed blade. i wanted one with out the gut hook but i took what was available because the price was incredible.

Re: Your next knife (no not that one) [Re: scrappy] #131513 08/28/07 04:39 PM
Horn Dog Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
vic,

I know you have a nice collection, (i am very jealous) but I own 10 spydies and 10 crkt knives about and my spydies are far sharper and hold an edge much longer.

I think that says a lot, scrappy. Why do you think I like CS Voyagers so much? They cut! The purpose of a knife is to cut. The cheapest sharp knife is better than the most expensive dull one. The CRKT Carson costs more than an Endura, but less than a military. My next folder will be a Spyderco. Thanks for the info.

Horned, dangerous, and off my medication.
Re: Your next knife (no not that one) [Re: scrappy] #131514 08/28/07 04:43 PM
Unsub Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
What is that black Skelly ,3 people have posted it's photo and no one has said the name and it's driving me nuts? Is it an assault shaker?

I love those ittybitty knives and it is much easier to start making the little ones. I think you would be a great knifemaker HD.
I especially like the Atwoods as far as ittybitty's.

My new Lambert Whar is incredible ,it really is the best knife I have ever seen in real life and it's all mine. I can't believe what a great deal I got as well.
They are listed at 475$US on his site with a LONG wait and mine has the timascus bolsters which are an added feature.I paid less than 300$ Canadian.
I highly recommend the blade exchange at CGN. Since I bought the Lambert I also got a PPK katana blade and spare saya for 150$ and an Emerson Commander and a Spyderco Chinook both for 275$. OH my GOSH I just added up my spending spree for the first time! Dan take as long as you need to bring out the next knife.
This should mean it will be announced tomorrow.

I also just noticed that no matter the topic of the thread I just go on and on about my new custom.

"if you want to be a hero you have to learn to drive stick"! Sara Conner
Re: Your next knife (no not that one) [Re: Horn Dog] #131515 08/28/07 04:46 PM
Wiggitty Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
The cheapest sharp knife is better than the most expensive dull one.

words of wisdom to be remembered.

Alcohol Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a Government Agency. JYD.45
Re: Your next knife (no not that one) [Re: Unsub] #131516 08/28/07 04:49 PM
scrappy Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
What is that black Skelly ,3 people have posted it's photo and no one has said the name and it's driving me nuts? Is it an assault shaker?

I love those ittybitty knives and it is much easier to start making the little ones. I think you would be a great knifemaker HD.
I especially like the Atwoods as far as ittybitty's.

My new Lambert Whar is incredible ,it really is the best knife I have ever seen in real life and it's all mine. I can't believe what a great deal I got as well.
They are listed at 475$US on his site with a LONG wait and mine has the timascus bolsters which are an added feature.I paid less than 300$ Canadian.
I highly recommend the blade exchange at CGN. Since I bought the Lambert I also got a PPK katana blade and spare saya for 150$ and an Emerson Commander and a Spyderco Chinook both for 275$. OH my GOSH I just added up my spending spree for the first time! Dan take as long as you need to bring out the next knife.
This should mean it will be announced tomorrow.

I also just noticed that no matter the topic of the thread I just go on and on about my new custom.
that is a fehrman in cpm 3v
www.fehrmanknives.com

Re: Your next knife (no not that one) [Re: Wiggitty] #131517 08/28/07 04:50 PM
scrappy Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
The cheapest sharp knife is better than the most expensive dull one.

words of wisdom to be remembered.
yes it is.

vic,

I have tought about the CRKT you mentioned and imagine I will buy one eventually.

Re: Your next knife (no not that one) [Re: Unsub] #131518 08/28/07 05:03 PM
Horn Dog Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
...I love those ittybitty knives and it is much easier to start making the little ones. I think you would be a great knifemaker HD....

I just hope my customers can live with 440C, 'cause that's what I plan on using.
I have saved some interesting pieces of wood from the burn pile and scraps from exotic hardwood flooring to use as handle materials. I suppose I'll get some G-10, too. I plan to make knives in the 3" to 5" blade range for starters. It might be fun. My head is full of ideas that need to be expressed in steel. A small Nessmuk would be nice for small game hunters. Can I get pre-tempered steel? I am not planning on forging at first, but just stock removal.

Horned, dangerous, and off my medication.
Re: Your next knife (no not that one) [Re: Horn Dog] #131519 08/28/07 05:08 PM
scrappy Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
...I love those ittybitty knives and it is much easier to start making the little ones. I think you would be a great knifemaker HD....

I just hope my customers can live with 440C, 'cause that's what I plan on using.
I have saved some interesting pieces of wood from the burn pile and scraps from exotic hardwood flooring to use as handle materials. I suppose I'll get some G-10, too. I plan to make knives in the 3" to 5" blade range for starters. It might be fun. My head is full of ideas that need to be expressed in steel. A small Nessmuk would be nice for small game hunters. Can I get pre-tempered steel? I am not planning on forging at first, but just stock removal.

vic, I would ne a customer for sure. hurry up!:)

Re: Your next knife (no not that one) [Re: scrappy] #131520 08/28/07 05:19 PM
Wiggitty Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Are you starting a waiting list yet?

Alcohol Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a Government Agency. JYD.45
Post deleted by Private Klink [Re: Wiggitty] #131521 08/28/07 05:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re: Your next knife (no not that one) #131522 08/28/07 05:41 PM
Wiggitty Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
TWGF (Third World Grindmaster Funk)

is that the new URL?

Re: Your next knife (no not that one) [Re: Wiggitty] #131523 08/28/07 05:42 PM
Wiggitty Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
are you allowed to make and sell your own knives? doesn't Dan make you sign a non-compete when you hit JYD?

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10