Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mag Lite vs. Kids - Warning #194373 12/13/07 02:12 PM
Wiggitty Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
So my 2 1/2 year old daughter loves to play with my flashlights. I try to keep her away from my fenix lights but have let her have a little 2AA mag lite that i had put one of those night-ize led kits on. she likes it and anything that keeps her slightly more subdued is good in my book.

Last night we were upstairs getting ready for bath and potty and she wanted her flashlight. rather than going back downstairs and looking for it i grabbed one of my dresser. I hadn't thought about it but it was a standard model. she was only playing with it about 2 minutes and had taken the top off to use as a candle. she touched it to her cheek and burned herself. nice little spot right on her cheek. blisted up almost immidiately.

she's fine now but has a nice red mark just in time for the xmas picture season. never run into that problem with the led model b/c it doesn't get hot.

something to think about if you have kids and flashlights.

Alcohol Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a Government Agency. JYD.45
Re: Mag Lite vs. Kids - Warning [Re: Wiggitty] #194374 12/13/07 03:47 PM
scrappy Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
that is to bad, I am glad she is okay. My boy loves flashlights with a passion. he is relly rough on them and kills the batteries in days. owell

Re: Mag Lite vs. Kids - Warning [Re: scrappy] #194375 12/13/07 08:10 PM
Unsub Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
I love flashlights, Christipher Walken was on TV last night and said he had the taste of a 9 year old and I think he must have been talking about me.
I got a new light the other day but the free ones it came with were what really impressed me. It came with one called a Zenon force which was about the saze of a really fat 2AA maglight had a regular(not LED)bulb and took 2 CR123 lithiums.
It worked really well for a 5$ light although the light was not the clear white dot that the flashlight nutters love it worked quite well. It is my new truck light replacing my Fenix L2P because if someone steals it I won't be so sad and the lithiums can handle the freezing temps much better than the regular 2AA's in the L2P.

I also got a couple of those little squeeze keychain lights which I stuck on my zippers of a few jackets. They have been very useful especially when sitting in a dark vehicle.

"if you want to be a hero you have to learn to drive stick"! Sara Conner
Re: Mag Lite vs. Kids - Warning [Re: Unsub] #194376 12/14/07 01:16 AM
stansbrew Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Glad you little one is OK WIG, I have to admit I love the LEDs, I am so impressed with the Fenix P2D with the cree Q5 led man what a bright little light!
Great in the pocket theese days when you only get 7.5 hrs of light a day.
Or you can go all out HID 24 watt 1800 lumen!!
I also have a bunch of the little squeez lights on zipper pulls, the most handy light i the world in my opinion if that means anything. [Linked Image from http] [img]http://[image]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u10/stansbrew/P9120002.jpg[/img][/image]

JYD # 28