I finally did it. After weeks of talking about it and looking at photos of modded Busse's to get my courage up I finally took the SH-E to my old Norton grinder.
I don't think I could have done it to a new knife but since this was a user that had seen some hard use I managed to do it.
Here is a "before" photo.
Now I still have a lot of hand sanding to finish the back and handle but it looks pretty good already I think.
Here is a photo with my DFLE for comparison and my foot bacuse I am a lousy photographer.
I even polished the brass rivets and ground the sweat stains off the micarta.
I did not like the tigerstripe with the black at all but it suits the bare steel a lot better.
I am pretty stoked about how it has turned out so far and am looking forward to getting the DesertJack user from a fellow Dog.
Along with the hand sanding and blending all the edges together ,I still need to do the spine and fix the edge. I will probably just repair the stock asymmetrical edge rather than go convex.