Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Santa's ahead of schedule #254615 12/13/08 11:35 PM
northern1 Offline OP
Junk Yard Dog
OP Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Christmas came a week or so early for me this year.in the mist of shopping for others i ended up picking a couple things up for me.

of course my tan SOD came right in time for Christmas.i wasnt sure if i would like this knife and almost didnt order one.i was so wrong.to me this one is in scrapyards top 3 best blades yet.

i'm going to get a piggyback style sheath to pair the SOD up with my YK.their looking good together already.
[Linked Image from i234.photobucket.com]

Dan the SOD is incredible and such an improvement over the S7 design imo.

i know most of you are familiar with SUREFIRE brand lights but may not know they now have their own tactical pen as ridicules as that may sound but just about everyone is offering a tactical pen with a striking/kubaton design.

so far the only other pen that could compete would be one of the Hinderer titanium kubaton pens but they scream tactical.this one doesnt.i am really impressed with this pen and i really like the fact that it doesnt have a screw off top that can get lost like a lot of the other ones do like the MIL-TAC one i bought for my dad.

this is a pic of the hardened stainless steel ball bearing at the end that is designed to be a glass breaker,something that i think could come in handy for law enforcement seeing how they always have a pen with them.

here it is taken apart.it is adjustable so it can take different sized ink cartridges.the twist movement is super smooth and overall it has to be the most solid pen ever made.people cant believe how heavy it is relatively speaking.its also expensive and it cost me more for the pen than the SOD.

last is one of the coolest bottle openers ever,right behind the BUSSE NUCLEAR ICE PICK.

this is the TAD GEAR TITANIUM SKELETON KEY with the TAD GEAR TERMINATOR SKULL graphic on one side and the TAD GEAR logo on the other.these where a limited run of 90 pieces and as i check the sight now i see they are all sold out.looks like i got one of the last ones if not the last one

its made from solid titanium and is 3 1/4in long.

it has a pry bar tip with nail puller at the bottom,a flat head screwdriver tip and opposite of that is a spanner wrench tip to fit STRIDER folders and most importantly and the main reason i bought it is because i needed a bottle opener since i've been drinking a lot of micro brewery beers lately and got sick of using a bic lighter to pop the tops.

at $100 bucks its gotta be the most expensive bottle opener around but it also gotta be the coolest and anything Ti or TAD GEAR isnt cheap.

if your not familiar with TAD GEAR i would highly suggest checking out their site.they offer some really cool and innovative gear that cant be found anywhere else and its all very high quality.next up for me will be one of their legendary jackets.

Northern-1...aka Bad2TheBone...aka NorthernMarsh 1st member of Scrapyard hatchet/hawk club
Re: Santa's ahead of schedule [Re: northern1] #254616 12/14/08 12:16 AM
Shaolin Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Looking good, thanks.

JYD #55
[color:"#00FF00"]Canyons And Mountains[/color]
Re: Santa's ahead of schedule [Re: Shaolin] #254617 12/14/08 12:29 AM
mcjhrobinson Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
n1 now im all jealous that bottle opener is TIGHT!

"Hey, this sure beats paying a Shrink $200.00 an hour" - Skunk Hunter JYD #65
Re: Santa's ahead of schedule [Re: mcjhrobinson] #254618 12/14/08 01:13 AM
MRpink Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Sweet! A lot of nice toys.

I've been wanting a nice tactical pen and the one I've been eying is the tuff writer.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]

The problem is I use a pen a lot at work and the cap wont sit on top securely so it's getting lost eventually. Benchmade makes one that's fixes that problem but it looks a bit extreme for me.

If money wasn't an issue, I'd have a ton of Tad Gear gear. They located in San Francisco and it's always closed when I'm close by.

JYD #56 Scrap Yard Sword Club #00
Re: Santa's ahead of schedule [Re: northern1] #254619 12/14/08 01:14 AM
R
REM762 Offline
Scrapper
Scrapper
R
The SOD looks awesome in Tan. I am drooling over these photos. Can't wait for mine.

If you are going through Hell.....Keep going! Winston Churchill.
Re: Santa's ahead of schedule [Re: REM762] #254620 12/14/08 01:45 AM
ordawg1 Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Your pair of tans look awesome. Maybe piggyback and make a spot for the pen on the pants ?

KILLER DAWGS JYD# 61
Re: Santa's ahead of schedule [Re: ordawg1] #254621 12/14/08 11:20 AM
RN Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
Your pair of tans look awesome. Maybe piggyback and make a spot for the pen on the pants ?

+1!

love that yk!

JYD #109
"I came here for the knives and stayed for the people."
Re: Santa's ahead of schedule [Re: northern1] #254622 12/14/08 02:15 PM
R
Renee Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
R
Cool pics!

JYD #106