Next Thread
Print Thread
Question of "Scrap Yard" Logo on knife #388997 02/02/10 04:41 AM
RuNLeVeL Offline OP
Pound Puppy
OP Offline
Pound Puppy

Hello All,

Question: During my explorations for a scrapper6 I noticed some knives had the Scrap Yard w/dog head Logo on the side of the Blade.

A couple that were for sale did not have the Name & Dogs head Logo.

I am only refering to the knives with the black krinkle coating not the LE's.

Is there a reason that there is no Logo on some of the knives and there is on others?

Is there a Fake SY market?

Cheers,

Re: Question of "Scrap Yard" Logo on knife [Re: RuNLeVeL] #388998 02/02/10 05:20 AM
mhr Offline
Scrapper
Scrapper
There are many 'sterile' SYKCO blades out there. Military overruns are one source of sterile blades, but I believe there were a couple production models that were never branded - DMCG, YG/YK? I have a DFCG purchased direct from Scrap Yard that is sterile, even though the first run (pictured on the knives page) shows logo present.

If in doubt, you can always ask here whether or not a specific model is known to exist in a certain configuration. Beyond that, while I haven't heard much about forgeries, but there is no substitute for paying attention to seller reputation in this game.

Re: Question of "Scrap Yard" Logo on knife [Re: mhr] #388999 02/02/10 01:52 PM
Jim Offline
Junk Yard Dog
Junk Yard Dog
The some of the earlier knife pictures had logos, but the knives that were actually sold didn't. SS4s had logos, but the first runs of S6s and Dog Fathers didn't. I think that Yard Keepers may have been the first SR77 CG general release with logos.

Edit: I just noticed that the Yard Keeper description confirms my recollection:

The Yard Keeper in combat dress. This blade sports the ScrapYard Logo making it unique in its own right. It will sell for $79.95 plus shipping and handling.

Last edited by Jim; 02/02/10 01:58 PM.

JYD #60